Default Crown Vic steering boxes

Does anybody know the best steering box to use with a crown vic modified with a 2:1 quickener? I'm hearing that the police interceptor box is faster, but I'm hearing about different torsional bar stiffness in them and I think that plays into using a quickener. Maybe the passenger car box is better? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Armond

Default box

I never noticed any difference in ratio, but the box with the 4 bolt cover is lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyjewel View Post
    I never noticed any difference in ratio, but the box with the 4 bolt cover is lighter.
    Thanks for the help, Harley. Is the 4 bolt cover box the interceptor box? Have to start looking in scrap yards for em and need to know which car to look for.

Send a message to stillfast....he may have one or at least tell you what one you need

The four bolt saginaw boxs, can be rebuilt with parts from gm steering box, iroc internals, i believe lares man. sells one, i do them myself, Used the Powerpiston, and Worm, and have a turn and 1/4 of the steering wheel, with a 2:1 quickener.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmod21 View Post
    Send a message to stillfast....he may have one or at least tell you what one you need
    Yeah, Tom's always been a huge help and has helped with this build as well. He suggested the 4 bolt box as well due to it being lighter, He's my next call if I can't find one on the east side. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwm60 View Post
    The four bolt saginaw boxs, can be rebuilt with parts from gm steering box, iroc internals, i believe lares man. sells one, i do them myself, Used the Powerpiston, and Worm, and have a turn and 1/4 of the steering wheel, with a 2:1 quickener.

Andy
    Andy, thanks alot for the tip. I've never even heard of Lares..went to their site and its pretty interesting. I'll be giving them a call on monday. Looks like the 4 bolt box is the good one. Thanks again for the help guys.

I have one on my car and my dads...i believe the fast one is part number 807 from lares

Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    I have one on my car and my dads...i believe the fast one is part number 807 from lares
    Thanks for the tip, Junebug.