Default can't get fire out of my coil

mustang 2300 I am getting no fire(spark) out of the coil. I have done the following: New coil, changed the modeller(on the side of distributor) have checked the main kill switch and it works good. checked the secondary on/off switch and it works good. Now it has power on both the negative and the positive sides of coil when the ignition switch is on. only time i can get any spark is when i am turning the main switch power on and off it will spark once. have also put a new coil wire on.... please help me....

Quote Originally Posted by ickmouse View Post
    mustang 2300 I am getting no fire(spark) out of the coil. I have done the following: New coil, changed the modeller(on the side of distributor) have checked the main kill switch and it works good. checked the secondary on/off switch and it works good. Now it has power on both the negative and the positive sides of coil when the ignition switch is on. only time i can get any spark is when i am turning the main switch power on and off it will spark once. have also put a new coil wire on.... please help me....
    Make sure you have power to the harness going to the Dist. The Module has be powered. Re-check the wiring connector that goes plugs into the Dist. Had one doing the same thing and the red wire on the plugin was not making a connection when plugged in the Dist. exactly the same symptoms you decribed. Worth checking.
    Last edited by TM 44; 04-04-2013 at 09:22 PM.