Thread: 4/10 track

Default 4/10 track

I have a car I'm building for a 4/10 track I have never been In a dirt car before. I have T5 trans with a 2.34 2nd gear my motor is bone stock I just wondering what gear I should run im not trying to win races just get some seat time and have fun

depends on what size tires your are going to run...13 inch or 14 inch,,if u run 13 inch tires i would go with 308 gears and 14 inch tires ,i would go with 345 gears.that is if u have a 7.5 rear end

I will be running 13 inch wheels. Haven't got a rear end would there be a difference between a 7.5 with 3.08 and a 8.8 with a 3.08

no a 308 is the same..but the 8.8 has several more different ratios than the 7.5

and the 8.8 is about 40lbs more unsprung weight which you DONT want...if running 3.08 gears try to find the 6 3/4" rearend
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

I thinking the 6 3/4 rear end is what I have now. The cover unbolts from the back with 10 bolts and is almost a perfect square shape and it has a 3.08 gear. But the wheel cylinder are bad I tried getting new ones but can't figure out what the rear end is to by them for

Do you know what kind of cars they came in the one I have looks like its factory. It doesn't look like anybody has welded the ears on for the control arm it all looks stock

some of the 1979 mustangs had them...yes its the almost square one
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com