FAYETTEVILLE, NC – As the summer begins to heat up the NDRA City Chevrolet point battles are doing the same.
Ross Bailes has been the hottest driver to date and has a combined nine wins on the season between Carolina Speedway, I-77 Speedway and Lancaster Speedway.
His solid start has him atop the point standings at Carolina and third at I-77 Speedway. Young Matt Lawson leads the strong NDRA contingent at I-77 Speedway. His consistent finishes have vaulted him atop the standings.
Timbo Mangum holds the point lead at his hometown Lancaster Speedway after a couple of early season victories. Heath Springs, SC’s Brandy Blackmon is only one point behind Mangum for the lead with Manley Chaney a slim six points back.
Steve Banal has several victories between the NDRA sanctioned tracks and sits second in points at Carolina. Banal has been very consistent thus far has been very similar to Chris Cantrell who stands second in the points at I-77 Speedway. Cantrell, who has spent the last couple of years traveling around the Southeast to race, has been a real force at his hometown I-77 Speedway.
In the Heintz Performance Road Show events Ryan Atkins has been the star of the show. The Mt. Airy, NC driver has captured both the series wins at Carolina Speedway and recently at The Dirt Track at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Matt Long has been just as consistent with two runner-up finishes in those events. The next NDRA Road Show will be held at Carolina Speedway Friday night July 5th.
NDRA would like to thank the following for their contribution; City Chevrolet, Heintz Performance, American Racer, Hoosier Racing Tires, GM Performance Parts, Stock Car Steel/SRI, Velocita Race Wear, Dirtwrap, R2C Filters, Racing Electronics, FK Rod Ends, LaJoie of Seating, Performance Tee’s, Rock Automotive, HICG Motorsports Insurance, Big A’s Custom Graphics, Thomas Clarke Performance