July 9, 2013

Tyler Bare continues remarkable rookie campaign by notching his 4th feature win of 2013.

Tradition can be established in many different facets and forms. Nestled in Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley sits Rockbridge County, where for the past 5 decades the tradition has been that a driver with the last name of Bare race out of the family owned Bluegrass Farm located in scenic Rockbridge Baths. In 2013, the tradition has been expanded to a third generation mudslinger. Following his Grandfather Tommy and Father Booper, Tyler Bare is already well on his way to making a name for himself. In what is his inaugural season behind the wheel of a race car, the 19 year old has wasted little time and has racked up and impressive resume in his first dozen starts. A third of those early season starts has ended with the younger Bare standing in victory lane, surrounded by family and friends.

This past Saturday the team unloaded the red and black JTB Motorsports/Rocket on home turf at the scenic Natural Bridge Speedway. Tyler once again showed great patience as he rallied from mid pack to pick up win number 4 in the competitive Sportsman division. Tyler heads into this weekend’s race as the point leader at Natural Bridge.

“This year has been pretty amazing” said Tyler on Monday from the shop. “We have run really well and I cannot thank my team enough. Growing up in this sport, one of the things that I learned is that most of the time when you run well it is because of the work put in during the week. Everyone works hard on this car so that when we get to the track we are as prepared as possible. I just want to go out and give them my best effort in return. I have heard the rumors about how I went to a driving school and how we have an unlimited budget, but they are so far from the truth it makes me laugh. The only ace I have up my sleeve is my family, fans and sponsors who have helped me every step of the way this year. My driving school consisted of the practices that both Natural Bridge & Eastside had at the beginning of the year, with my dad as a coach and I could not have asked for anything better. I go into every race trying to be as fast as I can yet keeping the car underneath me at all times. I have so much to learn and I can only do that if I am in the seat on the track and not on the back of a tow truck” added Bare.

The team has spent the first half of the season gaining experience with trips to Potomac, Winchester and Eastside to go along with running weekly at Natural Bridge. In his first visit to Winchester, Tyler brought the Messick Farm Repair/Lee-Hi Travel Plaza/Poskes/Keyser Manufacturing #30 home with a fine 4th place finish in the speedway’s new crate division. Earlier in the night Tyler picked up a win in his competitive heat race, becoming the third generation of Bare chauffeurs to take a checkered flag at the famed Virginia speedway. The team plans to run the same type of schedule for the rest of the season with maybe a few late season trips to some of the bigger season ending crate races, all in an effort to gain as much seat time as possible.

“It is fun racing at home in front of all my family and friends but I really enjoy trying out new speedways. The more different types of surfaces I can race on the easier my learning curve will be” stated Bare. “There are times that I know I am a little quieter then I should be but I am just so thankful that I am able to race. It is a total team effort and I am so honored with the help I get from my crew and sponsors. The best part for me about this whole deal is that I get to work at this side by side with my Dad. I could not ask for a better mentor on and off the track as I start my career. I know I have so much more to learn and that a lot of times in this sport the bad nights outweigh the good ones, so I try to go into every race doing the best I can while having a little fun” added Tyler.

Look for 2013 Tyler Bare apparel to be released within the next few weeks.

JTB Motorsports would like to thank all of the team’s sponsors:
Bill Weeks Garage, Bluegrass Farm, Conner’s Produce, Designs, Lee-Hi Travel Plaza, JD Clemmer, JTB Excavating & Hauling, Keyser Manufacturing, K.R.S. Graphics, L.E. Wood Equipment, Messick On Site Farm Repair, Poske’s Performance Parts, Rhodenizer Heating & Air, LLC, VA Trailer Sales & World Wide Racing Fuels.

Product Sponsors:
Abshire’s Handyman Service, Davis Auto Electric, Hendren Racing Engines, HTMA/Hoosier Racing Tire, Integra Shocks, Quarter Master, Rocket Chassis, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, Sunoco Race Fuels, Weld Racing, Wiles Drive Shafts &Wrisco Aluminum.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media