Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Default Not in UMP

You must not running UMP. UMP mods almost 680hp. You running IMCA or bmod. Follow program or get beat by it. Fact of life.

Default I know all answers

I been friends with racer long time. UMP cars that run fast because they follow the program if not get beat by program up to you. do research lmao nonracers.

TAKE THE TEST -Test Your Knowledge...

1. Softening the right front spring helps the racecar to turn when on the gas because the softerspring causes extra chassis roll that increases the load and traction of the right front tire.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

2. A tall coil spring helps to keep the chassis from lifting off the spring during weight transferbecause a tall spring stores more energy than a short spring.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

3. The most important factor in the geometry of a front suspension is the location of thesuspension’s roll center.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

4. It makes no difference to handling as to how a non-coil over front spring is installed into a lowercontrol arm as long as the spring is centered in its seat.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

5. Loose handling off the corner is usually due to improper chassis setup when the throttle isapplied.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

6. Don’t ever increase stagger or right rear tire trail when racing on a slick track.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

7. A stiffer shock helps to load and unload a tire quicker than a softer shock.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

8. Place ballast wherever convenient as long as the desired weight percentages are attained.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

9. The location of a shock or spring is not nearly as important as its rate.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

10. All suspension components should be mounted using stiff or solid type bushings.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

11. The RF tire gains negative camber when the chassis rolls.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure

12. Most dirt track front suspensions need from 3 to 4 degrees negative camber in the right front tire and 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 degrees positive camber in the left front tire.a.) True b.) False c.) Not Sure
    Last edited by $LITE-INN$; 07-26-2013 at 10:01 PM.

but can you answer the copy and paste lmao

SCD, you make a good point with detuning them. That is exactly what we do on a weekly basis and it changes nothing. Elliot was running his 360 with the timing backed off and he finished what like 8th or something like that. Guys are trying anything from running really tall gears, running 2 barrels, restrictors, unhooking secondaries and none of this allows them to be able to drive a car into the corner 2-3 car lengths deeper like the crates are. On a side note, there was a sport mod guy down at Boone tonight trying a modified because he is making the switch in the next week or two and he thought the crate performed better at Boone when it was heavy than it did once it slicked off. Boone actually farmed this week so there was still a little something to get ahold of in the feature, but of course the woodchips they put in it a couple of weeks ago have made it hard for anyone to hook up like normal. I am sure they will put some more down before SN comes around. Plywood racing anyone?

what a shame down in UMP land last for a weekly show we had 40 cars and not a crate in sight but I believe a spec motor with no weight break or spoiler difference
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 07-28-2013 at 07:49 AM.

I would like to think an affordable crate would run at the front in UMP land . But I don't ever see it happening as there will always be a Cat show up that knows what he is doing with the Chassis, loud pedal,and deep pockets that will hand a Crate an azz whoopin in any track condition with a Big Horse . Good Luck and post results when it happens IF it happens. Not saying its impossible but not likely until a Crate will turn 10 Gs on the Tach in the tack . JMO
    Last edited by 1Blacksheep; 07-28-2013 at 03:41 PM.

A spec motor won last i do believe at least thats what he had last year and we had 40 mods for a weekly show and knowledge with chassis bingo look at test i gave

Noteboom said one of the reasons he didnt go to the Clash was because of the crate.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    A spec motor won last i do believe at least thats what he had last year and we had 40 mods for a weekly show and knowledge with chassis bingo look at test i gave
    maybe you did have 40 cars for one week bla bla..but dont try fill us with all you BS about how super things are in UMP country because they are now. while IMCA may have crate issues...UMP is killling the class in a differnt with ZERO engine rules, and the order of the day to run up front is a at least a 20k Mullins, which most of your top cars have if not they have the something better...without one of those 15, 18 degree beast on a tacky track you are just wasting your time.

Found this on facebook. Same weight, more HP & TQ for $1000 more than the crate, but claimable and no blade.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...12078771_o.jpg

Can't find them on karlperformance.com though.

Quote Originally Posted by shockmod3x View Post
    maybe you did have 40 cars for one week bla bla..but dont try fill us with all you BS about how super things are in UMP country because they are now. while IMCA may have crate issues...UMP is killling the class in a differnt with ZERO engine rules, and the order of the day to run up front is a at least a 20k Mullins, which most of your top cars have if not they have the something better...without one of those 15, 18 degree beast on a tacky track you are just wasting your time.
    really highland around 30 fairbury had 38 and the guy the guy that won friday night and sat had or has had a spec engine and winning it ain't the motor

400 Mullins with Dart little M block, 23 degree mullins heads, cp pistons, rods and crank. Comes with msd distributor, and jones pulleys. Motor has zero laps since freshened asking $10,000 OBO. If you have any question you can call or txt 618-520-2870.

400 Mullins with Dart little M block, 23 degree mullins heads, cp pistons, rods and crank. Comes with msd distributor, and jones pulleys. Motor has zero laps since freshened asking $10,000 OBO. If you have any question you can call or txt 618-520-2870.
    oh gee only 10k..wow..and you wonder why the crate is so popular as an option

From here in UMP land as you call it, the SPEC motor is still making 650, or more, horse power... UMP is a whole other animal than IMCA... And the UMP tires with a good set-up car will put all the power down you can give them.. so as far as a IMCA crate motor being competitive in "UMP Land", i cant see that possible...

My point exactly stock car driver, i guess what i was meaning was there is a big differance between the crate motor IMCA allows and the SPEC motor that Lite-inn was talking about... the SPEC motor is the same one USMTS uses, so it still is a big horse power motor...

Quote Originally Posted by roundboy View Post
    My point exactly stock car driver, i guess what i was meaning was there is a big differance between the crate motor IMCA allows and the SPEC motor that Lite-inn was talking about... the SPEC motor is the same one USMTS uses, so it still is a big horse power motor...
    indeed spec motor has some big power as well. The point I was trying to make was only the IMCA crate deal is becoming an issue that needs to be looked at, UMP has entirely different issues that are BIG money issue.

When you look at the costs of running UMP, the crate motor and running with IMCA is a bargain.

I am no crate fan at all, and would rather do the open deal IMCA as well.

you just Iove Imca. if you. thing you put crate motor dor under 10 k I got bridge I willl sell you

you just Iove Imca. if you. thing you put crate motor dor under 10 k I got bridge I willl sell you
    Of course a crate can be had less than 10k....not sure what you are smoking lite inn.

Makes no difference to you anyway, because you don't have a car and don't race and don't spend a nickel on a car.

I

Quote Originally Posted by shockmod3x View Post
    Of course a crate can be had less than 10k....not sure what you are smoking lite inn.Makes no difference to you anyway, because you don't have a car and don't race and don't spend a nickel on a car.I
    with all the accessories under ten k and tweaked at a motor builders shop for under 10k and if was go great wouldn't you see more drivers using them the 602 and 604 are legal