Thread: 3 link question

Default 3 link question

I am putting new rear axle brackets on my rear axle. my question is there a rule of thumb on the angle from the chassis pivot point to the rear axle pivot point. do both trailing arms have to be same angle. the angel I am talking about is if you were looking from top of rear axle down. Chassis pivot point is inside rear axle pivot point but is there an advantage to more or less angle. thanks need help

Are you talking about the trailing arms being crooked? like pointing towards the middle of the car? All trailing arms should be completely straight.

Toe-in or toe-out on the trailing arms changes how the car reacts dynamically. If you don't understand how it works I would just set them straight for now.

This is complicated...calculating sines of angles, thrust vectors, etc. Get a book or.... just set them angled slightly toward the front (like 5 degrees forward) and move on.

Another good place to start is with them straight ahead when the car is under full load. Slight toe in while at curb height is ok too.

Default 3 link

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Another good place to start is with them straight ahead when the car is under full load. Slight toe in while at curb height is ok too.
    thanks for help i put them in with a 2 degree toe in