Default Debunking myths about 47% that don't pay taxes.

you tube ranks it right there with ned flanders and homer simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    you tube ranks it right there with ned flanders and homer simpson

Are you saying this clip put out any false information. Actually the bulk of those paying no federal income tax was the retired and military personal. They just don't have the income or get combat exemptions. We actually have service men that qualify for food stamps to feed their kids. Seems like someone that ends a war should make as much as the ones that start it. IE government.

Regan started this. His reasoning was very simple. How can you get money from those that don't have it. Therefore you don't tax anyone under poverty standard.

Now if you cut the tax exemptions and close loop holes, that 47% would be cut in half. If you raise minimum wage, you could cut that number in half again. Would 12% make you happy? I somehow don't think so. You are getting some of them deductions and benefiting from cheap labor when you make purchases. As that old ad with the mechanic says," You can pay me now or pay me later."

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Are you saying this clip put out any false information. Actually the bulk of those paying no federal income tax was the retired and military personal. They just don't have the income or get combat exemptions. We actually have service men that qualify for food stamps to feed their kids. Seems like someone that ends a war should make as much as the ones that start it. IE government.

Regan started this. His reasoning was very simple. How can you get money from those that don't have it. Therefore you don't tax anyone under poverty standard.

Now if you cut the tax exemptions and close loop holes, that 47% would be cut in half. If you raise minimum wage, you could cut that number in half again. Would 12% make you happy? I somehow don't think so. You are getting some of them deductions and benefiting from cheap labor when you make purchases. As that old ad with the mechanic says," You can pay me now or pay me later."
    Bubstr,
    What is a "fair" minimum wage? $10? $15? Heck, why not $25?

You people who think raising the minimum wage would help anything, have no concept of reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca8Z__o52sk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siW0YAAfX6I

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    And Sweden has NO minimum wage. What's your point? Way too many variables to make an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    Bubstr,

You people who think raising the minimum wage would help anything, have no concept of reality.

There is no fair in a minimum wage. Any law that mandates what labor is worth except on an individual basis can not be fair in all cases. There is no dispute that wages over all and especially lower wages are stagnant. If the minimum wage had been allowed to raise since it;s conception, it would be just short of $16.00 due to inflation adding to the cost of living.

Look around you. There are people that want to work and have no job. Ask why? They have no customer to support their wage. One of the largest contributors to this bad economy is, the middle class is short on discretionary spending. We have no customer. That really wasn't the objective of the business that cut wages to increase profits, it was an unintended consequence. Instead of growth, they thought save and it put a lot of them out of business. This has turned into a snow ball rolling down hill, it's a bigger problem with each and every revolution.

Of course there are other things that added to this problem, like foreign trade and automation and less union membership and legal or illegal alien labor plus outsourcing, but these are all concepts of saving rather than growth.

All these methods of saving have one thing in common. They add to the tax bill of people that did not benefit from the savings.If Joe Blow's cheap labor don't make enough to feed his family, you did not benefit, but will pay for that food the same as Joe Blow. If his employee gets health care and can't pay the bill, you get to with your next insurance premium. Joe isn't going to pay more especially when your helping out. This forces you to do the same as Joe. Wait a minute, Joe was depending on your employee for a customer. It makes a difference who you make your money from in the long run. Saving is not the same as making.

So yes a rise in minimum wage can cost jobs in the short term, but not in the long term. And when business can't see to do it their selves They need a little help. The biggest job growth since the increased minimum wage has been in the service industry, precisely the ones that was supposed to lose jobs. I don't like telling people what they have to pay, but they need that customer also and if their tax or insurance doesn't rise as fast, that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    Bubstr,

the min wage is fine right now in most states. the problem is to many adults are working at jobs that once were held by teenagers. Back in the mid 70's I worked at a gas station pumping gas selling candy,pop,oil and yes cigarettes and stuff in aerosol cans now days teens can't do those jobs. the chain stores/quick marts have pushed teenagers out and adults most with low self esteem have taken over those jobs now they want to be able to make a good living at jobs meant for youngster just learning to hold a job.

The 47% pay state and federal sales tax on purchases!!!! Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    the min wage is fine right now in most states. the problem is to many adults are working at jobs that once were held by teenagers. Back in the mid 70's I worked at a gas station pumping gas selling candy,pop,oil and yes cigarettes and stuff in aerosol cans now days teens can't do those jobs. the chain stores/quick marts have pushed teenagers out and adults most with low self esteem have taken over those jobs now they want to be able to make a good living at jobs meant for youngster just learning to hold a job.

And the reason for that is the elitist want it that way. They don't want you to have a good paying job because then you would be dipping into their pockets and I'll be damm if they are going to let that happen.

These politicians are bought and paid for and are told what to do and that is not in the plan.

When have you ever seen it this bad that they can not even come up with a plan between them to get us out of this mess. Even after the great depression we recovered but, not now that is forbidden. Makes you kind of sick doesn't it. KEEP PROPPING UP WALL ST AND HOPE IT TRICKLE DOWNS TO THE REST OF US NOT. FN CROOKS.

I paid a higher tax rate than Obama and Biden last year.....Kerry was hiding that yacht a couple years ago....all cheats.

Taxes are a way to steal from the middle and give to the poor. That way the middle cant invest/save and improve themselves.

Poor people cant invest or save. They are trying to get back to square one. That money is immediately spent.

Its a good way to keep people where they are and to get money circulating. Government/banks don't like people saving.

Same with inflation. keeps money circulating.

Taxes are a way to steal from the middle to give to the rich and the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    There is no fair in a minimum wage. Any law that mandates what labor is worth except on an individual basis can not be fair in all cases. There is no dispute that wages over all and especially lower wages are stagnant. If the minimum wage had been allowed to raise since it;s conception, it would be just short of $16.00 due to inflation adding to the cost of living.Look around you. There are people that want to work and have no job. Ask why? They have no customer to support their wage. One of the largest contributors to this bad economy is, the middle class is short on discretionary spending. We have no customer. That really wasn't the objective of the business that cut wages to increase profits, it was an unintended consequence. Instead of growth, they thought save and it put a lot of them out of business. This has turned into a snow ball rolling down hill, it's a bigger problem with each and every revolution.Of course there are other things that added to this problem, like foreign trade and automation and less union membership and legal or illegal alien labor plus outsourcing, but these are all concepts of saving rather than growth.All these methods of saving have one thing in common. They add to the tax bill of people that did not benefit from the savings.If Joe Blow's cheap labor don't make enough to feed his family, you did not benefit, but will pay for that food the same as Joe Blow. If his employee gets health care and can't pay the bill, you get to with your next insurance premium. Joe isn't going to pay more especially when your helping out. This forces you to do the same as Joe. Wait a minute, Joe was depending on your employee for a customer. It makes a difference who you make your money from in the long run. Saving is not the same as making.So yes a rise in minimum wage can cost jobs in the short term, but not in the long term. And when business can't see to do it their selves They need a little help. The biggest job growth since the increased minimum wage has been in the service industry, precisely the ones that was supposed to lose jobs. I don't like telling people what they have to pay, but they need that customer also and if their tax or insurance doesn't rise as fast, that is a good thing.
    oh you mean obamacare also

and banks can kiss my ass everything for now on is cash no banks no cards