Default steering ratio: whats everyone running?

Currently on a 605 with a 2:1 quickener, I'm hedging some power steering problems so I'm changing pumps and also going to a sweet box. My question is what are most of you running in an imca mod? 12:1 box with a quickner, 8:1 no quickner or 6:1?

That's kind of the way I was leaning. Having to work the wheel pretty far left to right to keep the car on the cushion, was thinking the 6:1 might keep my arms a little fresher haha. 605 with 2:1 quicker is around 8 to 1, right?

What is the # of turns lock to lock for 6:1 vs 8:1? I too was leaning toward 6:1 but haven't taken the plunge.

I have an unknown ratio gm box along with a 2:1 quickner that is about 1 & 1/4 turns lock to lock. Works fine but is sensitive to input, so to compensate I went from a 15" to a 13" steering wheel. I'm assuming the 15" diameter wheel is the most common. thx

I understand logically where you are coming from, I don't have a regulator to adjust/tune the ps pump pressure. Input effort/feel was much lighter with the 15" (more leverage), it felt extremely too easy to turn at speed. The effort on the 13" is heavier and 'feels' less sensitive to the slightest input.

what valve is everybody running with the quick boxes? .265,.250,.235,.185?

Lock to lock guesses at ratio can be very deceiving be cause of the internal stops. There are also lots and lots of variable ratio boxes out there that add even more confusion. The only reliable way is to take it apart and count the teeth or use degree wheels on the input output shaft and do the math.

Default box

On a 6 to 1 box, .225 valve gives a good firm feel. Tried a .185 and it was way to light.