Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    T.nie, Spin it any way you want to. Believe what you want to believe, and I will believe what I want to believe. Just leave me the h3ll alone. With your climate change crap. If you want to save the environment great. I'll save it my way. It amazes me this is a racing forum. Are you a race fan? Is racing good for the environment? Big haulers, big engines, dirt and dust flyin up in the air. Fans using the vehicles to travel many miles to enjoy a race. Guess we should stop all forms of racing because it cant be good for the environment can it?
    You belive that goverment solves problems, and has solutions to problems. I believe the goverment is the problem and there solutions create more problems. You and the liberal and progressives dont get to tell me where, and how the h3ll I live my life. You and goverment have no right to tell me what health care plan I need to have or have. You have no right to know how many guns and types of guns, I have, own, and want to own. You and the libs have no right to tell what foods and liquids I drink. You have no right to tell me what vehicle I need to drive, what light bulbs I use to save the environment. You, the liberals, and progressive want to live that way great, just dont force me to live that way. I want to be left alone to fail because I'm to stupid to know better, and dont worry, I wont be asking you for assistance.
    Oh, the old "leave me alone!" argument. Ok. Let's deregulate everything and leave everyone alone to do what they want. Welcome back DDT, toxic waste dumping, pesticides, air pollution, CFCs etc.

Happy to oblige. When your kid has cancer, let me know how that "leave me alone to fail my own way, in my own time" thing works out for you and the rest of us.

BTW, have you ever raced electric Karts? Seen those videos of battery powered cars? Pretty impressive stuff. You don't need gas burning engines to go fast and get loose in a corner. About all you need them for is noise. If it makes you feel better, I am pretty sure they can come up with a "V8" soundtrack that will simulate the noise of a high powered gas engine for you to hear when the cars go around.

We can put a man on the moon, the Shuttles into orbit, I am fairly certain we can find a suitable substitute power plant that can generate 800 hp and make a car slide around on a dirt track and be a helluva lot of fun to drive.

In any event, race cars could stay forever, it's the personal and commercial use vehicles where the regs come into play. I'd be happy to drive a hybrid as a daily driver and race a gas engine car. Wouldn't matter to me.

And by the way, you Conservatives do not have the right to use my tax dollars to subsidize corporate America, or tell me that I can't join a Union, or that I should pay more in taxes while Corporate America sends jobs overseas, or that I should have to pay in cash for healthcare, or that my neighbor who is looking for work and can't find a job should starve when you decide him and his family don't deserve some help with food, clothing and shelter, or that predatory lenders should be allowed to operate in my community and rip people off selling them mortgages that will bankrupt them, or look the other way when mentally ill people get guns and kill other people in my community while you sit on your arse and do nothing for the mentally ill or try to keep guns away from them, and sending my friends and family off to war in some foreign land because you lie about WMDs and what you really want is for your government military industrial complex buddies to make a few trillion more while the common folk die, or steal elections with vote tampering, or prevent law abiding citizens from voting with your ridiculous voting laws that target people you don't want to vote because they won't vote your way....

The list of Conservative's "telling you what to do" is way the heck longer than your list of what the "Libs" shouldn't be telling you to do. And none of what the Conservatives stand for, apart from being anti-abortion, is in everyone's best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    And by the way, you Conservatives do not have the right to use my tax dollars to subsidize corporate America, or tell me that I can't join a Union, or that I should pay more in taxes while Corporate America sends jobs overseas, or that I should have to pay in cash for healthcare, or that my neighbor who is looking for work and can't find a job should starve when you decide him and his family don't deserve some help with food, clothing and shelter, or that predatory lenders should be allowed to operate in my community and rip people off selling them mortgages that will bankrupt them, or look the other way when mentally ill people get guns and kill other people in my community while you sit on your arse and do nothing for the mentally ill or try to keep guns away from them, and sending my friends and family off to war in some foreign land because you lie about WMDs and what you really want is for your government military industrial complex buddies to make a few trillion more while the common folk die, or steal elections with vote tampering, or prevent law abiding citizens from voting with your ridiculous voting laws that target people you don't want to vote because they won't vote your way....

The list of Conservative's "telling you what to do" is way the heck longer than your list of what the "Libs" shouldn't be telling you to do. And none of what the Conservatives stand for, apart from being anti-abortion, is in everyone's best interests.
    I'm not telling you one thing about what to do, to think, or anything, but if I did, it would be to go jump in the lake!!! lol

t.nie, spin it any way you want to. Believe what you want to believe, and i will believe what i want to believe. Just leave me the h3ll alone. With your climate change crap. If you want to save the environment great. I'll save it my way. It amazes me this is a racing forum. Are you a race fan? Is racing good for the environment? Big haulers, big engines, dirt and dust flyin up in the air. Fans using the vehicles to travel many miles to enjoy a race. Guess we should stop all forms of racing because it cant be good for the environment can it?
    You belive that goverment solves problems, and has solutions to problems. I believe the goverment is the problem and there solutions create more problems. You and the liberal and progressives dont get to tell me where, and how the h3ll i live my life. You and goverment have no right to tell me what health care plan i need to have or have. You have no right to know how many guns and types of guns, i have, own, and want to own. You and the libs have no right to tell what foods and liquids i drink. You have no right to tell me what vehicle i need to drive, what light bulbs i use to save the environment. You, the liberals, and progressive want to live that way great, just dont force me to live that way. I want to be left alone to fail because i'm to stupid to know better, and dont worry, i wont be asking you for assistance.
    b-i-n-g-o !!!!

Question

So, Is it your opinion that our country, as it is right now, is going in the right direction ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

T.nie, sorry your electric go karts dont even compare to gas engines on a go cart. Its like comparing street stocks to Super Late models. Big difference. Ever see an animal, flathead or even a clone motor for a go-cart and know the amout of horsepower per engince compared to a electric? But just because you and some say it better we need to use them right? Tired of hearing about WMD's as your future presidental canidate also believed in WMD"s guess that discredits her as well. Right?
    No since debating with you. As you see conservatives and republicans want dirty water and air. Starve children and elderly. Dont want to take care of the sick and mentally ill. My last question to you is. You and Democrats controlled Congress and the presidency for 2 full years. Why were all these problems not address when democrats had control?
    Its like the media covering homeless and hungry during the holidays. When republican is in office, all kinds of storys about them. Democrat in office, not a peep. I still have yet to see a story about homeless during the great one terms. Guess it because the great democrats care about them but do NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeater18 View Post
    So, Is it your opinion that our country, as it is right now, is going in the right direction ?
    No. We are not going in the right direction.

1-Jobs initiatives. Every time something gets proposed, the Republicans shoot it down.

2-Obamacare-Instead of wasting billions of dollars having 45 votes to repeal Obamacare, the Republicans could have instead been voting on tweaks to the law that would actually alter it to make it better. That's called governing, what the Republicans do now is play games, blame the President when nothing gets done then go on vacation. Laziest bunch of good for nothing Republicans in the House, EVER. Vote THOSE bums out.

3-Campaign finance reform. The Supreme Court has been loaded 5-4 with conservatives, so now corporations are people too. What a convoluted, nonsensical, idiotic precedent to set. An obvious move to tilt the nation's political system in favor of a wealthy few. Money is personhood. The more dollars you have, the more "persons" you get to be, and the more you are allowed to influence elections to get your own candidates in to give you what you want. Ridiculous. But like someone said, you won't get money out of politics until you get the people who side with the wealthy OFF the Supreme Court and get some of these decision overturned and get some common sense back into the mix.

4-Wall St, too big too fail banks-Bust them up. If you need our tax dollars to keep from imploding the entire nation's economy due to your bad decision making, you need more rules over your decision making to guarantee you will never need our tax dollars again.

5-Time to start calling Right Wing media what it is-Hate Speech. And people who go on the air and bloviate with myth, innuendo and hatred should be prosecuted for hate crimes. If the shoe fits, wear it. If you walked into your place of work and called your female boss a slut because you disagreed with her, you would be fired on the spot. So why is it ok and encouraged for these flame throwers to keep it up day after day to the masses?

Fire Bashir. Fire Limbaugh. Fire Hannity. Fire OReilly. Fire Schultz. Fire Sharpton. Fire Jackson. We don't need ANY of their ilk in our nation, spouting crap on our airwaves. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you aren't accountable for what you say.
    Last edited by t.nie; 11-27-2013 at 08:02 AM.

T My last question to you is. You and Democrats controlled Congress and the presidency for 2 full years. Why were all these problems not address when democrats had control?
    It's a big picture question. In the big picture, the Dems had the House, Senate and Presidency, but the nation is in a death spiral, unemployment is skyrocketing, economy is in danger of completely disintegrating, etc.

They did what they had to do at the time to address the major problems and try not to rally their opponents to vote against them when that two years was up.

It's not a simple "well, you coulda done anything then, why dincha??? HUH?? WHY DINCHA??" situation. There are greater implications, bigger goals, long term objectives that were NOT going to be achieved in two years with too many crises happening when they took office for it to be that simple.

It's a talking point contrived by the right, but it doesn't hold water if you really think about it deeply.

tnies your so full of crap there is no hope for you and yousaw electric go carts guess what brainchild they are in your backyard

Racing is all about speed, acceleration and handling. That's why all the karts at Pole Position Raceway feature the latest state-of-the-art technology. Our Formula EK20 adult karts produce an incredible 18 horsepower and have immediate throttle response. Simply put, they are the best indoor karts in the world, and you'll see why they represent the future of our sport. We spent several million dollars on this technology because it offers the best performance, produces no smelly fumes, and allows us to maintain the most-consistent fleet of karts in the United States. We are able to electronically tune each kart so that performance is nearly identical and measurable, something you can't do with gas technology in the world of indoor karting. The end result at Pole Position Raceway is an adrenaline-filled ride and the ultimate racing experience. Here's what the pros have to say about our karts:Engine/ MotorGo kart engineSpeeds up to 45 MPHEK20 high performance electric motor rated at approximately 18 HP (Comparable gas-powered karts rated at approximately 6 HP)High-torque output for rapid accelerationElectronically adjustable power output to ensure evenly matched karts.Forward and Reverse switch for full maneuverabilityRadio controlled speed and automatic pit-speed reductionEngine automatically decelerates when brake and gas pedals are applied at the same timeBrakesGo Kart disc brakesDual rear hydraulic disc brakesSelf ventilated designCNC anodized aluminum constructionSelf adjustable brake pumpPower SupplyGo kart power supply - batteries.4 12-volt batteries High-performance outputRapid charge capabilitiesImmediate power Rapid Recharge: 6-12 minutesTires & HandlingGo kart tires and handlingUltra-slick, F1 inspired, performance radials, front and rear rubber compound matched to the P2R track surface for minimal push and optimum drift. Actual tires used in competition kart race circuit 45 miles per hour are kidding me

Thats cool, but animal and other gas/alcohol powered go cart motors are pushing 20-24 horsepower and those are for Dirt go carts. I know when I was in Charlotte for World finals went to Go-Pro motoplex and their gas powered engines Honda Clones were going 55mph on road course outdoors.

Exclamation

No. We are not going in the right direction.
    Well, that's a start.
    But, before you spend too much time pointing fingers, don't forget that for the first 2 years of O's presidency he got everything he wanted. He got his stimulus money and the Democrats controlled both the House AND the Senate. Who's fault was it then ? His policies have simply failed.
    Attached Images Attached Images