Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Dam...your really good at missing a point aren't ya.....I don't know if your slow or what, if you don't like the laws, change the laws, don't hate those who use them...you have just as many votes as that rich guy, 1....

Your the one that's slow if you think they do what you want because you vote for them. We may have a vote but money buys those kind of laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Your the one that's slow if you think they do what you want because you vote for them. We may have a vote but money buys those kind of laws.
    Exactly, they line the pockets of these politicians with big money so, they vote to get laws passed that allow them to get all these breaks. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles but I don't have to like it just as well as not liking the poor take advantage of the welfare system that the allows them to do.

So there it is the very rich have to pay politicians to get the laws they want, the poor vote for politicians that continue the handouts and laws they want. If anyone believes that the welfare class does not vote for handouts as well then, we got a problem. That leaves the middle class. I want term limits and a fair tax. No loopholes. Everyone pays income taxes.
    I also say this. If your on goverment welfare, (NOT social security) no cable or satelite tv, just the basic local channels, No airconditioning, Cellphone that only works for emergencies. No junk food, the basic food groups for food stamps, like WIC does for new mothers. If you want those things, get them on your own. Poverty in this country means a much different thing vs the rest of the world poverty. Also your on welfare, you should being doing things for the community in which you live. Helping the eldery, cleaning our cities, town, streets, and roads, and so on. No just sitting in front of the TV and eating Doritos.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Exactly, they line the pockets of these politicians with big money so, they vote to get laws passed that allow them to get all these breaks. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles but I don't have to like it just as well as not liking the poor take advantage of the welfare system that the allows them to do.
    I guess I would just point out one difference. The "rich" are taking advantage of the laws concerning THEIR money. Those on welfare are taking advantage of the law concerning OTHER people's money.

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    I guess I would just point out one difference. The "rich" are taking advantage of the laws concerning THEIR money. Those on welfare are taking advantage of the law concerning OTHER people's money.
    Now that's an arguement ender!!! lol A true reality check!!

Very true but, they are still doing nothing wrong though because,after all its the law.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Very true but, they are still doing nothing wrong though because,after all its the law.
    On the Federal Level I would say that laws like these are unconstitutional. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment should make it very difficult to provide a service to one person but not another. Income or any basis other than being designated as being part of a protected class should not be a factor in determining who gets what perks/bene's from the Feds. Essentially if one gets it, then all should get it.

Then you vote the guy out...come on your not stupid.... ever hear of the TEA party? Thats what they do....vote the bums out....

Quote Originally Posted by 15D View Post
    On the Federal Level I would say that laws like these are unconstitutional. The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment should make it very difficult to provide a service to one person but not another. Income or any basis other than being designated as being part of a protected class should not be a factor in determining who gets what perks/bene's from the Feds. Essentially if one gets it, then all should get it.
    Well it's the law until someone fights in a court of law and a judge rules it unconstitutional so, as of right now no one is doing anything wrong.

Another difference is some of those poor on welfare are veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. A young man up the street was set to Iraq 3 time got hurt and can't find work his unemployment was stopped and he has been forced into the welfare system. We forget not all on welfare are lazy fat black women with 6 kids from 5 fathers like some want us to believe. unemployment rate for vets is the highest in the country.

I saw this week a bunch of ex cops and fire fighters from ny have been arrested for cheating the system cense 911.

betcha your wrong its been done before do a search

LOL ya know what cracks me up, people that want the "rich" to pay their fair share, A) seem to think it will somehow lighten thier load and B) would probably do the same thing the "rich" guy if they were in their shoes....

The laws that don't treat everyone equal may be legal and still not moral. I've always had a problem with a legal system that punishes a kid with 2 years prison for a couple joints in his pocket and a 30 day suspended sentence for some one beating another with in an inch of his life. If your rich and white you can commit manslaughter and never go to jail. If your not, a kid can go to a reformatory for a year for stealing lunch money.

There is a big difference between legal and right.

The laws that don't treat everyone equal may be legal and still not moral. I've always had a problem with a legal system that punishes a kid with 2 years prison for a couple joints in his pocket and a 30 day suspended sentence for some one beating another with in an inch of his life. If your rich and white you can commit manslaughter and never go to jail. If your not, a kid can go to a reformatory for a year for stealing lunch money.

There is a big difference between legal and right.
    Yeah it's unfortunate how are judicial system works because it sure seems like if you have money you play by a different set of rules. If you don't think so just look at some cases and you will see real quick it's true, just look at Hollywood and the famous people and how they are always getting out of trouble or a professional athlete or those on wall st.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    LOL ya know what cracks me up, people that want the "rich" to pay their fair share, A) seem to think it will somehow lighten thier load and B) would probably do the same thing the "rich" guy if they were in their shoes....
    you can't fix stupid