Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Easy there buddy, I just re-read through all the post and with the exception of maybe one or two they all had info for you to digest from their own personal experiences. Please do post back to this thread with what you changed and results that followed that change.

How much is your car getting on the RF in the feature? Have you thought about softening your RF spring?

If you have 100 more hp, why soften pull bar? you should have gone other direction on that. Also, what about cu in of motors? I would be looking at the torgue #'s and possibly a redegree of the cam. What does shaw say to do with sidebite?

Where did you win Championship? I race at both tracks for referring to...

I won championship at sfcr. Went down to 600 on rf. works good on slick but plows the frame on heavy tracks. I put Ina spring rubber in for the heats and worked good at Farmington but still " crazy as it seems" no matter what I do I can't hit my butt with bit hands at pevely or tri city. I haven't go to run there with my bar angles jacked to the sky but I was looking for an answer to not have to run such steep angles. As for softening pullbar, I was trying to slow down torque application.

Sorry forgot motor. Both are 4.125 bore 3.75 stroke. 400s. 23 made 609 hp and 515 torque. 18 made 710 hp and 570 torque but it came in a lil earlier. 18 had a Lil sharper torque curve but I only assume it was smooth because its the only 18 I've ever built or ran. Heads are over 300cc with .760 lift I aske around if that seemed radicle but was told that was type sizes and numbers for 18* applications.

Without knowing all your cars details, I would go back to a standard baseline set up that you know worked with your 600 hp motor and put an additional 1/4 in of preload in pullbar. raise j-bar on frame 1 hole or @ an inch. If you don't have a chain on left rear, make sure your top bar doesn't index passed 46-48 degrees. Remember to only change 1 thing at a time. good luck.

I've seen more than one back up after going to more hp. Part throttle on that 18* with 300CC ports is going to be piss poor and when you try to rpm it where it's running decent you can't plant the power. I saw your high side comment earlier. I bet that thing is junk on the bottom of the racetrack because you have to wait on the thing so much. I'd put a smaller *650* carb on or a slick track carb *something that the secondaries aren't 1:1 and try it. There will likely be no cure for your ailment because putting gear in it increases the multiplication further blowing off the tires. Taking gear out makes you wait longer.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?