Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    running a track or series is a thankless job. thanks to all that do it,
    yep-I second that------------great job--the couch taters are going to gripe no matter what-maybe one day they will relate to having to make a split second call without second guessing and man up if it was not the right call--and maybe one day there computer will defalt and they will have no body to whine to

dukhtr69 Guest

so srrs, your telling me that if im running 2nd i can spin the leader out coming off turn 4 and i will win the race as long as i dont stop?

The way I understand it you can spin the leader and win the race if it don't look intentional - thats the reason you will always have trouble with the no fault caution rule. JMO only

I am not saying that spinning someone is allowed. If there is a case of aggressive driving, we handle it. Most of the time spins are racing deals. The no fault caution rule is the way to go and takes judgement calls out.
    Southern Regional Racing Series...Coming to a track near you

www.southernregionalracingseries.com
    Find us on Facebook: Southern Regional Racing Series (SRRS)
    Follow us on Twitter:@SRRS_racing

dukhtr69 Guest

so did yall take care of it at boyds???? because when a man drives straight into the left rear tire of a guy and never turn the steering wheel or lets off the gas....i will have to say thats "AGGRESSIVE DRIVING"! If you "handle it" as you call it, then you are making a judgement call....but wait you just said the no fault rule keeps you from making judgement calls????? You going to have to get your lie straight for this to make any sense.

First off, were you behind the wheel of the 29 car? Second, were you in the booth where you have a better view of the racing action? Or, were you standing in the middle of turn 1 and 2 where the incident occurred? Because we happen to have officials in two of those places and driving the 29 car was not of them...Hopefully, you can figure this one out.

In the case of aggressive driving, we have five officials watching the action. In this incident that you keep referring to, only 1 of those officials said it might have been intentional. The other 4 said it was just hard racing on a dry slick track....in the DAYTIME.

We had this thing called a drivers meeting where they asked to attend and they are told of the rules...NO FAULT CAUTIONS. Tires stop...go to the rear. Pretty simple. We have had this rule for 5 years. It's going to bite you sometimes...It's going to help you sometimes. That "no fault caution" rule helped one of the drivers Saturday night...So it evened out. We are consistent on our calls.

And we "handled" it...The #33 car and the #11 car went to the rear. They stopped, so they went to the rear...I considered that handled.

We know our series and our rules better than anyone. You seem to have it all figured out. Sounds like to me you should start your own series and you can make all the "judgement" calls that you want.

dukhtr69 Guest

calm down sister you starting to act your age....As a matter of fact i was standing againts the fence on my 4 wheeler in the middle of 1 and 2. it happen right in front of me so yes i seen exactlywhat happen sweetie! so you just go on and protect the 29 all year. take that no fault rule that keeps yall from having to makeing a judgemental call ( which is and always has been part of racing) and shove it where ever you feel like. have a great day and get back in class before the teacher gets on to you!

No fault rules should be called no brain rules. If the 33 was going to be sent to the tail, then the 29 should have went with him. After all, he caused the whole thing.

The reason why the 29 was not sent to the rear was because HIS TIRES DID NOT STOP. The 33 car's tires DID STOP. That explains 'that call' because NO FAULT CAUTIONS are not calls, it's a rule. Drivers understand this rule and none of them came over to the officials after the race to complain about this rule or 'the call' that was made. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

To dukhtr69:

You asked me a question and I answered it. If you have anything else to complain about, our numbers are on the website and I'm sure my father would be more than happy to talk to you; especially concerning the fact that you're being disrespectful to his daughter. You take your opinion and keep it to yourself. This is something that happened three weeks ago, it's over and done with. All of this is taking away from the story that people should be talking about, Riley Hickman's victory just days after losing his father.
    Last edited by SRRS_Girl; 02-26-2014 at 08:09 PM.

I'm clear on the rule, it's just a dumb one. There needs to be a thread of common sense mixed in. It's not hard to keep moving after dumping someone.

I agree I hate the rule.. I have always thought that the no fault rule usually benefited the guy that should be paying the penalty.