Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If your "jamming" the brakes your dive settings in the front wheels will also load the Front differently. This is why you set anti and pro dive because it controls how much braking is transferred too the wheels by braking. If you say so but you can bottom the RF without even braking at the high speed tracks that use little to no braking and you can do it without a floater so that really won't help much....
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal01 View Post
    I disagree with that 7up. I've experienced exactly what the other guy was talking about with the brake floater causing the rf to bottom out and it was at different chain lengths. If your car is too tight and you're Jamming the brakes to turn it and you've got a lot of upward angle in the brake floater it's going to bottom that rf out all day long when the track is heavy. You can adjust the chain all you want and it will still bottom the rf because of how fast you're loading the front end with the brake.

my rf pounds the ground if I touch the brakes with my lr floater angle set high.

It seems to me that plenty of people post on here and either don't know anything or they truly don't want to help the competition or anyone for that matter, its really a bummer cus I don't really want to post publicly to help those type of people, but I get tired of reading stupid stuff.

7up. I wasn't trying to say that everyone else is wrong and I'm right as far as diagnosing his problem. A lot of us on here are guys who should be going to class not trying to teach one, so sometimes some really simple problems cause us headaches for months. I was trying to relay a very similar problem I had that and the solution went the other way from your suggestion. My newer car does not do this, so as usual, there is 100 different places he could look to find a solution to his problem.

Scr, high five on us agreeing on something for once!

Your new car with the floater doesn't do it? I always look at it this way he runs the floater for a reason with the angle he does for a reason so try to find something else. that isn't going to create a new problem, he said he's been at this awhile just trying to help a kid out. Its only in one time of the night under certain conditions so if he likes the floater there for the mid and later parts of the night change all that just for 10 practice laps just to change it back? Its not uncommon at really really fast tracks when its heavy to load the RF up with compression to keep them out of the track, heavy tracks your carrying alot more speed and need to extra compression, it also helps free him up on entry so he might not have to use the brakes to turn the car

Yes. My new car is a car that turns much better and I'm not so reliant on the brakes to help turn the car. My knowledge of these cars is much greater than where it was when I was in my old car and looking back I just needed to be freer. I'm not arguing that heavy, fast tracks don't cause chevelles to bottom the frame out because they generally do. But as tracks slow down you can basically get rid of the floater unless you've got the car so tight it won't turn, so maybe it might be as simple as flattening out the floater a little bit and never touching it again.

Again, I'm not saying that is the solution to his problem, just more of an it might be part of the problem.

I wonder where the difference is..... I just look in different areas, I've bottomed a non floater out and I handled it differently, finally gave up and made sure the car was right for the time of the night that pays lol.