Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sparse Crowd At Bristol For The Cup Race

Wow, what horrible crowd at Bristol for the Cup race! I can't say I feel too bad about it. I'm actually smilin' a little cause NASCAR done it to themselves.

There were as many people at Eldora for the NASCAR Truck race last Summer as there is at Bristol for the Cup cars.

This is what happens when you cater to, and change a bunch of your rules to try to appeal to, a demographic that has an attention span of 6 months, raise ticket prices by $10 a year and bundle tickets to races most people don't want to go to. And the hotel's and motel's can take a little blame for this too. They'd jack their rooms outa' site and demand 3 and 5 night minimum stays. Actually kinda' happy for them, too.

The last NASCAR race I attended was mostly about the loud music they played during down time and during caution periods.

I wonder if the few idiots that did go to Bristol are standing the whole race like they have in the past at Cup races. Now's the time to stand when there's no one in the stands. There's no one to get in the way of and block their view but I bet they never stand up at all. Always thought that was very stupid.

Spread out crowd sort of takes some of that sting out when you let loose with some WFO nose hairs tingling grandstands flatulence.

rainy and cold kinda keeps people at home
    Last edited by wally cleaver; 03-16-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Lower temps did not help either. The night race is much better.

It's NASCAR. B O R I N G ! I'm surprised they had anybody. I can't even watch them on TV, let alone spend $$$ or effort to go and watch them.

I thought it was funny the comments Jr made earlier about why no one has built another short track. I don't watch much nascar but watch the short track races and don't understand that either. He has a good point.

That being said both bristol races bring in good crowds especially the night race. That place is empty today. Probably to do alot with the weather but still weird to see the place so empty like it is.

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by mudeater18 View Post
    It's NASCAR. B O R I N G ! I'm surprised they had anybody. I can't even watch them on TV, let alone spend $$$ or effort to go and watch them.
    You know what's funny I say the same thing about diet late model races on TV they are boring but, I still watch them . They are both better in person but, the money they are asking for Nascar races is ridiculous. NASCAR has lost its thunder no doubt about it but, I still enjoy watching the races because there is more then just watching them go round and round lol.

is that diet pepsi or diet coke series , and what would the beave say

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I thought it was funny the comments Jr made earlier about why no one has built another short track. I don't watch much nascar but watch the short track races and don't understand that either. He has a good point.

That being said both bristol races bring in good crowds especially the night race. That place is empty today. Probably to do alot with the weather but still weird to see the place so empty like it is.
    The spring race the last couple years has been dwindling.

I don't think the weather has all that much to do with the small crowd. It hasn't been all that many years ago that it snowed the morning of the race. The place was packed by race time.

Interesting track seating facts.

http://www.jayski.com/pages/tracks-seating.htm

Quote Originally Posted by wally cleaver View Post
    rainy and cold kinda keeps people at home
    You right LITE-INN.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTFAN01 View Post
    Interesting track seating facts.

http://www.jayski.com/pages/tracks-seating.htm
    Interesting that NASCAR will discontinue providing attendance numbers starting this year, Numbers are definitely going down.
    And I'm not buying them #'s provided by NASCAR anyway. They fudge on the attendance.
    8/13/16

Congrats to cousin carl winning

Quote Originally Posted by fred.e View Post
    you right lite-inn.
    who is lite-inn never heard of her/him

I live 3 hrs from Bristol, and saw a lot of travel trailers and campers headed back about the time the race was about to start. Most of the crowd left figuring there wouldn't be a race. They do advertise tickets for sale on the radio now, when you couldn't get a ticket a few years ago.

A guy I work with and his two sons headed down Friday ,he had said if the weather turned cold he was staying in the hotel and watching on tv. they did get a he11 of a deal on tickets due the lack of seats sold.

Nascar is cutting it's own throat with all the stupid crap like handing out talking point to the drivers,finning drivers for talking bad about the new cars, caution like the one tonight with 2 1/2 laps to go. who wants to pay for a race that is decided by a bull sh it caution.

How did Jr. do?

24th nascar.com