Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default car hopping down the track

my car hops going down the track. what causes this? i was told too much bar angle and not enough rebound on the left rear. bar angle on the left arent drastick at all, 17* at ride hight and 32* at full drop. only use 4.25 drop. shock has minimal gas presure and 4 valving on the rebound. should i take more angle out of the bars? how about tire pressure? 10lr and 14rr is what i run. can not having a pull bar shock cause this? any input would be appreciated.

4 link on both sides?
    what are bar angles on right side if so?
    do you have a chain on the RR to control drop?
    no having a 90/10 shock on car will NOT cause that problem.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

yes 4bar both sides. 16* on the r.u. and 8 r.l. bar. the right side is controlled by the frame as of right now. just need to weld a bracket on the tube for a chain as i jusst replaced the rear end. ran a chain last year on the rr and had this problem towards the end of the year.

2.5 inches of drop on the rr from ride hieght to full drop

sounds like a bird cage starting to freeze up. or a bad bind

well i went thru the bircage bearings cleaned them and put new grease in them and bought bsb's new rings that go between the bearing and the collar to keep the collars off the side of the birdcage. the metal ones that hit the inner bearing race. not the old plastic ones.

I had the same problem on a three link at the en of the year

hey stock car driver could you send me a pm on how you fixed it. I had the same problem last year but the car was pretty fast so I just left it after we tried a bunch of things. Sure feels like the crank is going to end up on the front straight some nights. lol

Quote Originally Posted by avenger1 View Post
    Never seen BMS cars hopping before, you must have won a lot of modified races last year if you figured that out. Wonder who told 97M what to do
    You must not have seen 97m last year?

He was a hopping fool at the spring race in hays, smoke rolling off his tires at every bounce all weekend. The only other time I saw him race was at salina 5000 to win and he hopped right off the end of the track a few laps into the race and finished a place behind me....

Im friends with Dave are you?
    Last edited by stock car driver; 03-18-2014 at 09:59 PM.

spring oscillating faster than shock can control?

Im sure avenger1 is going to enlighten us all.

Quote Originally Posted by avenger1 View Post
    I was just kidding, never seen the brands of cars that win BIG races hop, and you seem to know ALL about every subject. One year and a Legend
    1 year? I bought my mod in the spring and it sat till after july 4.. 15 nights is what I have in it.

Its amazing what you can learn and figure out when you look at something for the first time...

you accidentally get the miley cyrus shock package????? sounds like its twerking to me.... lmao!!!!!!!

what about the chain too long or too short on the left rear? or bar angles?

Don't think its bar angles or drop. I run up to 49 deg at full drop with a 2r 9c shock and don't have any hop. I tried 52 deg at full drop and got hop so don't go that much any more. You aren't running enough drop or angle, in my opinion,for that to be the problem. Also i only run that angle on dry slick tracks. JMO

how about the spring at full drop not having any tension on it? spring has about half an inch play. run a 200 pound spring. just looking at all aspecs of what i have going on.

My car is setup where it has tension at full drop so i can't say, maybe set your car up so it has a couple turns tension on spring and see what it does. JMO

chain RR down so weight does not lift off spring.
    also take some of your lower bar angle out of it, witch will tighten entry a bit, but just try it.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Are you running any sort of cushioning device on your LR chain or is it a solid chain? If you do take that off and try a solid chain on the LR.

thanks just add dirt. ill try that.