FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 8th, 2014

Amber Balcaen Announces Big Plans for 2014 Season

Winnipeg, Manitoba (04/08/14) - 22-year-old, Amber Balcaen from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is proud to announce that the 2014 season will mark her most ambitious to date as she will pilot both a 360 c.i. and a 410 c.i. Sprint Car for Apex SpeedSports Inc.

"Since I was a little girl it was always my dream to race a Sprint Car," says Balcaen. "After graduating from college with a degree in business management last spring, I realized that 2014 was the year to start making my racing dreams come true."

Balcaen has a background in racing Lightning Sprints for the past few seasons, but was ready to move on to a new challenge. After spending the last eight months in pursuit of sponsorship for 2014, Balcaen was able to solidify a few deals, but not enough to move her in the full-sized Sprint Car ranks.

She notes, "I had some great companies come on board to sponsor me, and I also received $5,000 for making it as one of fifteen finalists in the Champion Spark Plug Search for a Champion contest, but it still left me short of my sponsorship goals."

However, a few weeks ago Balcaen's luck began to change for the better, when she was contacted by Chris and Charlotte Unrau, owners of Apex SpeedSports Inc.

"They asked me what I needed to make the move to Sprint Cars, and we discussed what goals had to be achieved to make it happen," comments Amber. "I'm proud to announce last week that we were able to finalize terms to make this a reality!"

The 2014 season will find Amber piloting the Apex SpeedSports Inc. entry on the full Northern Outlaw Sprint Association (NOSA) Sprint Car tour. The team will utilize Eagle chassis with power plants prepared by Lou Kennedy Sr., who is Balcaen's 75-year-old, grandfather. Tommy Taylor will serve as crew chief on the entry. When not competing in series action Balcaen will compete at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) on Friday nights as well as select events with the World of Outlaws (WoO) Sprint Cars, All Star Circuit of Champions (ASCOC) Sprint Cars, and the Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series (ASCS).

The start to the 2014 campaign is largely dependent on weather, but right now it looks like the first event will be on Friday, May 2nd at River Cities Speedway (Grand Forks, North Dakota) with a Weekly Racing Series Event.

"I'm very grateful to the Unrau family and my sponsors for this great opportunity," comments Balcaen. "I look forward to this new challenge, and hopefully I can give back to them for affording me this chance to make my dreams come true."

Balcaen continues to ink sponsorships for the 2014 season so any interested parties are encouraged to please contact the team at sponsorship@apexspeedsports.com. Follow Amber on Twitter and Instagram at www.twitter.com/amberbalcaen10 and find her on Facebook at Amber Balcaen Racing.

In addition a new website is currently being developed by MSR Mafia Marketing Services and will be launched into the cyber world in the coming weeks.

Amber Balcaen would like to thank her marketing partners for the 2014 season, which include Apex SpeedSports Inc., Champion Spark Plugs, CDR, Metalz in Motion, Imrie Demolition, Simpson Race Products, Red Dragon, FK Rod Ends, Kirkey Racing Seats, Hoosier Tire, Weld Wheels, MSR Mafia Marketing Services.