Thread: Offset question

Default Offset question

Did a search with no luck. Need a starting point for wheels on my son's pinto mini stock on dirt. I was thinking 3of on the fronts and LR and a 4of on the RR? But not sure they will clear or be the right setup. Thanks! Leon in Colorado

The 3 and 4 inch offsets will keep the tires under the car more. 2 inch offsets will bring the tires and wheels more out from under the car. We run 2 inch all around on our Pinto.

I run 4" backspace on all except the RF, I run a 3" there (on a mustang). My track doesnt like the wheels sticking out.

also,dont confuse offset and backspace...they actually mean 2 different things,backspace is measured with wheel on flat surface to back of where wheel bolts onto car, while offset is measured from front of wheel to where lugnuts go.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

You Running Calhan I like 4" there with the right side spaced

Ran at Calhan the first year it opened in my stock car. My son is running his pinto in Lamar

Here's the simple truth.......back wheels need to be under the car not sticking out, front wheels need to be sticking out not under car....right side(passenger side) needs to be larger or taller , then use air pressure on drivers side tires to provide your stagger. look closely at late model cars and see how they do it..