Default stumbuling in corners

have a 355 sportmod,500holley,automatic. run a 3/8 high banked track car runs great down the straights until you get to corner then then it starts stumbuling(like a missing stumble) then off the corner it will run fine.it was a used car when i got it thinking it has to be a fuel issue ive replaced the fuel line,checked the pickup tube it the fuel sell,changed the power valve because it did backfire when it started once, lowered the float level and adj carb settings and nothing seems to help. anyone have any troubles like this or have any ideas on what to look at. thanks

How much fuel pressure do you have? How does it idle? Is it pulling fuel thru the boosters while it's idling?
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

You could be experiencing a multitude of issue s. So I'll give you a few scenarios. First glance at the fuel pressure when this happens if you have a large pressure drop this could indicate a float issue you might have a car at extream attitude issue for that you can use a tilted spacer or oval track float this will fix that. If the fuel pressure stays up you may have the float too low and the fuel is sloshing to one side and holding the float closed but leaving your jets uncovered. This most time can be corrected by raising the float higher than usual. You could also just have the jetting too high. Then there is the fuel over pressure issue. On gas you should be around 6.5 to 8 on the highest alky you should be between 10 and 12. Start your search here. Hope this helps

something like that happen to me. I thought I changed everything, but after a month i found out the glue for the fuel filter end cap failed and when I would get off the gas to enter corner then get back on throttle the cap would suck the fuel log end closed. then it would be fine down straights. just one stupid thing that I never thought would ever happen.

Is it a center hung float or side hung on our car with a 600 volley we turn carb around backwards to prevent what you are describing because of the side hung floats talk about people doing a double take when we take off hood.LOL

I had a similar issue, but my problem was the ignition switch was coming apart on the inside.

I know it's probably not your problem, but it's worth a look.