Default PG Pump seal pops out

I have a PG Pump seal that has come out twice now. I ran it several years back and it happened with a direct drive coupler - ran it in high gear. I pulled it and converted over to standard. In the class I am running now they were pulling me on the starts so I am trying the auto again this time with a converter (per class rules). This class needs a gear reduction, so I am running it in low. I couldn't find the old yellow 3M adhesive so I used SealAll on the pump seal having remembered why I put it away in the first place. Seal seemed to drive in solid. Third night running it they threw the black flag and they radioed that I was on fire so I pulled in. Apparently the trans fluid straying on the header was creating quite a show. I noticed while removing the trans tonight that the seal has popped out again. Both times are pretty close to fresh builds. I had a tci bleed off valve body in the high drive version that has a small freeze plug cup with a drilled hole that I left in the case, will try to remove this restricter cup while I have it out this time. No bleeder style valve bodies allowed under this class, so installed a TSR manual valve body I had ran in low before. Nothing else really new here that hasn't been run successfully in my other builds. I can try put screws in to hold the pump seal, but not sure that addresses why it is happening. I am happy with the new final gear so willing to work with it some more. First time to see this, any suggestions?

Case vented?
    Check pressure relief spring for function.
    Gator Engineering

check the front pump bushing, I bet it loose in the housing and when it gets warm pushes out against the seal and moves it out causing a leak.

I think it's probably that plug that's making it leak. TSR manual valve body installation instructions don't say anything about plugging that hole. I've been running TSR valve bodies for several years with no problems.

Just curious if you're running a PG input shaft or Turbo shaft...and if you have a stator support bushing in either the stator tube or the converter.

Badly worn pump bushing (as mentioned above) or torque converter tube could cause this, too.
    Last edited by speedbuggy; 05-08-2014 at 03:41 PM.

The suggestions got me curious. Even though I haven't tore it down yet, I had a chance to look behind the seal. It was still half in half out but you can see the bushing completely against the back of it. I gently removed the seal and the bushing almost fell out. The bushing is a goner, somehow I have a replacement sitting around. Will need to inspect the pump bore closely to see if it will hold a new one.

I think the plug slows the low band release. I would of removed it before but didn't see it until I was ready to install the pump for what I thought might be the final time this season. I have run both PG and Turbo spline over the years - I think the Turbo shaft I ran required the pump stator support bushing removed and don't recall on the converter but had a turbo spline direct drive setup on it for a time. I recently sent all my old torque converters to the scrap metal place and trying a functioning TCI converter now.

Thanks guys!