Thread: Two questions

Default Two questions

I have two questions:
    1. When you remove rebound from the right front what overall effect does it have on the car - makes it tighter or looser and why??

2. When would you go to a 175# spring on the left rear??

Thanks in advance---

1 tighter on the throttle generally.

2 when a 200 is too stiff or a 150 too soft. Sorry, but that is really all I can say because the question is too general.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

2) MasterSbilt says you can put a 175# on the left rear in the mud.

You can put anything on the car if you compromise elsewhere. generally you see the softer LR stuff on the lower HP applications but they need they helping hopping the LR up onto the bars. They don't have to power to twist it up as quick.

Once a 4 bar car is up on the bars and against a travel stop or limiter chain what is the spring doing? My thought is that a softer spring, 150 to 200lb is to keep the transition from off the bars to on the bars under constant spring pressure. Thoughts?

I'm in the same camp as 7up and hpmaster on this. We've typically found that a softer LR will tighten initial on throttle handling. This is contrary to the old "heavier spring gets the weight" school of thought but when those classes were in session the cars were a lot different.

i agree with masters on #1,#2 however on a 4 bar with the spring behind,we like it to always have atleast a little preload,2 reasons,it jumps on the bars quicker and fully extended it has some springrate there and not just an open gap of an inch or two for the car to come crashing down,but ive seen both ways run up front

I tried a 110 stacked LR last year, as suggested by Rocket. I was surprised by the amount of drive in the slick!

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    i agree with masters on #1,#2 however on a 4 bar with the spring behind,we like it to always have atleast a little preload,2 reasons,it jumps on the bars quicker and fully extended it has some springrate there and not just an open gap of an inch or two for the car to come crashing down,but ive seen both ways run up front
    The shock won't let it crash down. I use the lr spring to get the dynamic response I want from that corner of the car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The shock won't let it crash down. I use the lr spring to get the dynamic response I want from that corner of the car.
    i can agree with the shock,i just like it preloaded too

now with going with a softer spring on the lr do you run a traction shock on lr front? or would this take traction out of the car?

a lot of people are not running a shock in front anymore. spring and shock behind.
    since cars are pinned on RF on entry LR stays up for the most part.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

1 tighter on the throttle generally.2 when a 200 is too stiff or a 150 too soft. Sorry, but that is really all I can say because the question is too general.