Default HICKMAN's CONSISTENCY PAYS OFF... MINI SERIES SPAWNS 20-RACERS TO FOLLOW FOR POINTS

HICKMAN's CONSISTENCY PAYS OFF... MINI SERIES SPAWNS 20-RACERS TO FOLLOW FOR POINTS

Chattanooga, TN (9/1/14) --- In the end of the Labor Day Triple Crown weekend of races it was all about consistency, as Riley Hickman reeled off a pair of runner-up finishes, to help capture the $1,000 bonus for the points of the 3-race mini series. Along with a sixth place, Saturday night the Ooltewah, Tennessee racer bested 12-other racers that competed in all three events. There's a lot of series out there that would love to have that many racers following their organization, so it seems the Steve Hixson produced events have spawned a new outlook from track owners/promoters. No sanction fee is involved from the tracks and the entry fee's collected on raceday, stay 100% at the track, which can be the making or breaking point for some facilities. Boyd's Speedway drew the record amount of entrants Friday (8/29) with 44-competitors, which meant $4,400 was able to go towards paying the $14,000 Super Late Model purse. Not having to give that to a series and/or pay a sanction fee will be a difference maker. Not-to-mention the drivers reaction to being able to follow along a local series and yet still be able to get home within reasonable limits. Seven Crate Late Model competitors followed the LDTC mini-series to all three venues of the holiday weekend. Each track posted a $1,000 towards the two division points payout. A total of $2,000 went towards the Top-5 in points for the SLM's, while a $1,000 total went to Crate points fund. Multiple racers took advantage and ran both SLM and Crate at the tracks over the weekend, giving them a double opportunity at the pay windows at the end of the night. Plans are already in the works to promote an October 3-race Mini Series at tracks in the Tennessee/Georgia areas. Facilities are already under consideration for the "OCTOBER-FAST" SLM / Crate Late Model double bill.

Ok first of all I know everybody is gonna get on here and tell me this is my first post and I don't know what I am talking about but I can't believe that nothing has been said about the purse that was paid at Ft Payne for the Labor Day weekend races. It was awful, yes I am part owner in a late model car and yes it paid the $3,000 to win and $300 to start but what it paid in the middle was terrible. I talked to other drivers that were in the top ten and they got anywhere from $600 to $300. I know the weather was bad and I know his crowd was good but not what it could have been with rain in the area and also racing till 4 am does not help either, but either call it off or run it another day if you don't have the money to pay for it, it kinda puts a bead deal on the weekend that happened as Boyds and Duck River paid their purses and Boyds was a cluster as I still have not figured out how you get 8 cars out of 3 B Mains and be fair to everyone. I think we are going to run more of the sanctioned races in 2015 as there seems to be more organization and people working that just teching cars after race is over with, but hey we will be back from time to time. I am just venting as I usually just read this board and never have posted until this time and just thought it needed to be said.

You should see the weekly purses at Fort Payne lol..