Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jasjenh View Post
    We have built a few small cube short stroke motors over the years and they always worked pretty good. I even stroked a 305 for a hobby car to a 329 and it won and got claimed. ha ha. The fun for me is trying different stuff to see what works. You would be surprised at the stuff that works that other people say you are crazy to try.
    Brian at GRE is great and recently had a mention in speedway illustrated. GRE builds a crate killer cheaper, lighter and more hp... www.teamgre.net here a link on fb to the article in speedway illustrated. https://www.facebook.com/Teamgre/pho...type=1&theater Note this is a Ford deal and while its not for everyone, glad to see someone taking on the crates at a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    I'm getting really tired of hearing all these "crate killer" builds. Then I see every single one has a lighter rotating assembly. Sorry but maybe that's why the crate works as good as it does. Why don't they do some testing instead of looking at just HP and TQ to match a crate.
    would you consider victories good enough for testing ? Or what is your standard ? Yeah there are a few crate killers out there but what do you expect the engine builders to do close up shop and start selling crates only ? GRE has a ton of victories to back it up, but hey if you are happy with the crate then keep buying them, there are some of us that are not interested in the crate.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    I am fully against the crate motor actually. I just get tired of seeing builders put together ONLY the same HP and TQ and they all did it with light rotating assemblies. What GRE does I don't know but I am 100% against the crate and the aspect of building a motor taken out if the equation.
    gotcha, i know from talking to Brian/GRE his big deal was getting a smooth TQ curve to make this deal work against crates, and I know he has and still does a lot of dyno work to confirm this. We have one of his UMP motors and it indeed smooth and not volatile. Tough market right now, I do think that to compete against the crates, it has to be light, priced right and a smooth TQ curve, otherwise the crate is tough to compete against on the track and in the market place. IMCA seems determined to make the crates the order of the day, so I support anyone that is making an honest effort to compete against the crates.

Nice to hear someone else is trying a ford motor. A buddy of mine has been running some ford motors this year with good results. as to the lighter rotating assembly I have about half and half of heavy rotating and light rotating and don't see much difference in the two besides price. lol A little more throttle response with the light assembly. I think people make to much out of the entry into the corner from the crate. When I switch from the a-mod to the b-mod I always charge the corner harder because it seems like you are on the straight forever but the stopwatch says you go about the same speed.(in the feature) Its funny how years ago we built bigger and bigger motors to drag race on the straights, now the suspensions finally caught up and we can get rid of some power to go faster.