Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have six different rf shock sets, and have used more than these six. Dirt racing variables change ten times more than asphalt, you have to change with the conditions. The consistency you want is probably unattainable, but you could try a 375-400, with a 3 compression and 8-10 rebound shock.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    I think you're not understanding the in depth I'm asking. What is the overall most consistent set up? Meaning do you even look at times every lap and over the course of the race and study why it's falling off? This is what we do on asphalt and so far I haven't seen a trend on dirt AT ALL with anyone doing this.
    Dirt is pretty hard isn't it? Won on pavement faster than you have on dirt huh? I won't waste your time or mine explaining this, what you are looking for isn't attainable on dirt. Now you talking down to dirt guys while asking them for help, like we have no concept of trying to figure out why times fall off during a race is in short, NUTS. Having set up winning cars on both dirt and pavement you are exhibiting an extreme case of the first or maybe second year new on dirt buthurt syndrome "I won on pavement and SHOULD be doing better than this on dirt". No instant miracles here, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRacer9x View Post
    I think you're not understanding the in depth I'm asking. What is the overall most consistent set up? Meaning do you even look at times every lap and over the course of the race and study why it's falling off? This is what we do on asphalt and so far I haven't seen a trend on dirt AT ALL with anyone doing this.
    track changes to much on dirt,you'll have to compare it to cars that are fast on the day your there,i have a friend that runs asphalt and I've seen what they do when there practicing,in dirt its not so easy,you can be in the ballpark(or even faster for the way the track is when your practicing)but the track may not be the same when you race,were back to test,test,test,also it think your looking for some #'s,your just not going to get them,1 almost all the cars are 1/4 to 1/2" different on the rf or more and thats a factor,2 the cars are getting so equal that no one is going to give up something that is got them up front
    Last edited by grt74; 10-04-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Well I appreciate the responses. We haven't been struggling like most do that's at we computer with weekly. We're actually very good. But the select few drivers we have come out to our area especially coming up are a tick faster and times don't fall off as much as we have. There are things I've noticed is different with the few cars I can see visually. Shock wise I can see the attitude of what they're doing. Do any of you know what Bloomquist ran In the big race? Statistically I feel pretty confident to say 99% don't and haven't studied what happened that race nor know his times and have watched every lap as the car changed. He made everyone look like a fool. So if someone can relate on this level how and how our team operates feel free to message me and see if we can help one another.