Thread: Brake Pads Q&A

Default Brake Pads Q&A

What do you run? OEM replacement or like Hawks and what compounds?

I run the best OEM ceramic pad you can get at my local parts house. They are easy on the rotors and haven't given me any fading problems as of yet. I can still lock up all four at will so I've stuck with them.

I'm just seeing if there is a difference or what is recommended. I use the brakes when track slicks off a lot but very lightly. Lighter and longer than most. But I'm not sure how well the stock brakes on these cars can handle the cooling of them vs a slotted/vented rotor especially in the fronts. The last time I ran I didn't like the car I drove because the brakes didn't have much feel. Felt like I had to really push the pedal to slow the car and help it turn and didn't have the feedback through the pedal that I wanted. Maybe it's an asphalt thing because that's what I came from but I could feel through the pedal the tire or tires about to lock on the asphalt cars. Seeing if the issue was a cheap pad or what not on the dirt modified.

I used to use good stock type pads and they faded a lot the last 5-10 laps of a main on the bigger faster tracks especially... swtiched to wolf pack pads and love them. very easy on the rotors and dont wear them out bad like hawks can. I highly recommend them!

Have had pretty good luck with hawk blacks.