Default General Body Rebuild Pointers

Over the off season we are replacing the body on my pony stock. Looking for any good pointers. Background is the body is an 85 fox body I bought a number of years ago. We are replacing the body to 1) loose weight 2) make other changes to redistribute weight. You can see some general photos at my Team Oil Slick facebook page. We still have the full engine well, the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit is open and are considering closing it in fully or partially. The fuel cell sits up high, dead center under that rear hatch area. With my fat rear, we are 2550 lbs, I can shed maybe 20 more. Minimum weight with me in the car is 2300. Any input, feedback, thoughts are well. Track rules are the Dixie Speedway track rules. Thanks
    Stay Dirty My Friends

Skin all the panels! Aluminum hood & trunk, plastic nose & tail. My fox is an 85, body is skinned & mounted like a street stock. With me in it, total weight is 2220# (10 gal fuel cell full), 55# lead in LR and 225# in the seat lol.