Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks Mastersbilt racer people might think im stupid but with a welder and a plasma cutter I can do alot. We didn't want to sell the car for nothing and I wanted to experiment with it. I believe it is gonna work pretty good.

Mastersbuilt racer has been helping us on our 09 RAYBURN and we seem to be getting better . I think as with any car you have to change the car some to suit the driver .

We have had both and we like the under rail the best think it is a little stronger .

Quote Originally Posted by fox1162002 View Post
    Thanks Mastersbilt racer people might think im stupid but with a welder and a plasma cutter I can do alot. We didn't want to sell the car for nothing and I wanted to experiment with it. I believe it is gonna work pretty good.
    I am in no way questioning anyones intelligence. As a whole, racers are the most ingenious, hard working, hardheaded(in a good way) group of people you will ever meet. The biggest difference is their personalities. I believe a Rayburn can be made to work without all the changes you mentioned. When you talk about finding a car to jig off of, building a jig, countless hours of cutting and welding, buying more parts including spindles and birdcages, I totally missed the point. Sorry. Good luck on your venture and I sincerely hope you have much success.

If Scott and Oneal and Moran and Moyer were to get new Rayburns everyone would say wow those Rayburns are Soo fast !

Alot has changed with the 2011 rayburns.....

Well I enjoy working on any race car and yes there is alot of hours I put in on cars but I try and keep cost down my jig isn't much just two I beams I used to straighten frames on. And far as parts I shop around on used and new.

CJ isn't a 100 yrs old, he still is very much concerned with how his cars perform. He has just finished the PRI show in Indianapolis, IN last month, had jumped back into his car at the end of 2014 season to show how easy he makes them to drive. He's continually striving to help make racing competitive without risking the bank to do it. Nothing is inexpensive to race anymore, but CJ tries to work with anyone who wants to race find a car for them. I'm proud to have my original Rayburn plate on the front of my car. He's the chassis builder everyone should be!

a few years ago when we raced the lm every week CJ always took time to talk to me and with his help we got that car dialed in and won feature races at our local track the car is 100 percent swingarm with the purple bar.

CJ is the only chassis builder to call me back and talk for about an hour at 7pm. I'm sure he was on his patio drinking a beer while I was under the car doing what he said needed done!! he showed me how a customer should be treated and I do the same here at my business.