Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Should the top touring series in dirt carry the same heavy hand?
    Nope. Would you be suspended from your job if you were the one in question? I personally think the sponsor/car owner should be the ones deciding what to do with him on this issue.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

This is a double standard. B.S. Period.

I remembered hearing about this a started looking for it on the internet and here it is on Nascar Camping World Truck Series driver Travis Kvapil.

October 8th 2013, Travis Kvapil was arrested by the Mooresville, North Carolina police department following a domestic dispute. Kvapil was charged with assault on a female and false imprisonment. On January 30th 2014, Kvapil had accepted a plea deal in the case. Pleading guilty. NASCAR never suspended him for it.

Kurt wasn't evening convicted of anything. Just a hearing on weather the case should be heard by a judge and a jury.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post

I remembered hearing about this a started looking for it on the internet and here it is on Nascar Camping World Truck Series driver Travis Kvapil.

October 8th 2013, Travis Kvapil was arrested by the Mooresville, North Carolina police department following a domestic dispute. Kvapil was charged with assault on a female and false imprisonment. On January 30th 2014, Kvapil had accepted a plea deal in the case. Pleading guilty. NASCAR never suspended him for it.

Kurt wasn't evening convicted of anything. Just a hearing on weather the case should be heard by a judge and a jury.

Sad but probably true Nathan are the facts that this isnt Kurts first run ins with nascar and probably wouldnt be his last... Kvapil isnt a household name like Busch hence why nascar wouldnt of gained any public spotlight or exposure by suspending him.... and your 100% correct a double standard is being set forth on this matter for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    Sad but probably true Nathan are the facts that this isnt Kurts first run ins with nascar and probably wouldnt be his last... Kvapil isnt a household name like Busch hence why nascar wouldnt of gained any public spotlight or exposure by suspending him.... and your 100% correct a double standard is being set forth on this matter for sure..
    True and good point. But still shows Nascar holding a double standard which is complete crap. When you do something wrong you should pay for it. NASCAR did absolutely nothing to Kvapil and he actually would have probably been convicted if it when to court case with a judge and jury.
    Nathan Stephens

2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

True and good point. But still shows Nascar holding a double standard which is complete crap. When you do something wrong you should pay for it. NASCAR did absolutely nothing to Kvapil and he actually would have probably been convicted if it when to court case with a judge and jury.

I completely disagree with them taking him off of the nascar site all together because thats just the same as saying hey your never coming back when in fact he just might be innocent of this deal but who knows in this day and age whether he is or isnt guilty or innocent ya know what i mean? I'm by no means a kurt busch fan but this stinks all over... I hope that if he is innocent that he stuffs it to nascar!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    I completely disagree with them taking him off of the nascar site all together because thats just the same as saying hey your never coming back when in fact he just might be innocent of this deal but who knows in this day and age whether he is or isnt guilty or innocent ya know what i mean? I'm by no means a kurt busch fan but this stinks all over... I hope that if he is innocent that he stuffs it to nascar!!
    I agree he should stay suspended until he is proven not guilty by a judge and jury & if he his proven yo be NOT guilty they he and his attorney should stick it to Nascar. They should have also suspended Kvapil as we'll.
    Nathan Stephens

Hey super eight read the first post!

Well,Well....come to find out Driscoll was asked to come over to Busch's coach by his Coach's driver,and by an assistant team manager.They both testified and confirmed that.They felt it would be good for Kurt because he was really down for nothing going right for him again.After he choked and beat her head against the wall,she went next door to the Chaplins coach for an hour with a frozen bag of brocoli on her head,talking to the Chaplin and his wife.She drove home and her next door neighbor took pictures of her head and neck.She testified too,and the pics were presented.

He also had to be talked to by Stewart because of problems with some team members...

Kurt had also got into an argument with his Coach driver and Jarvis,the team manager.Text messages were read about calling France and his crew chief idiots,and talk of quitting racing and blowing off his own head if he had a gun.THAT text was also evidence of a troubled Busch.He was already on depression medication too.He said his whole world was caving in on him because after a long awaited return to racing his qualifying and racing just aren't happening quick enough to where he used to be.
    I didn't care for the guy,but i do hope he gets help again for his mental problems.Maybe it would be best for him to walk away from competition,racing, and find a better employment that he can handle.

Get well soon Kurt.

It's not whether Busch is liked or not, or by whom, it's about him being an ongoing problem that NASCAR can no longer take a chance having as a competitor.

NASCAR does very little that most race fans agree with, but in this instance they might just have done the right thing for once. Chevrolet definitely did the right thing.

In the past it just wasn't busch being completely out of line with cops and journalists it was about him acting out as if he is a despicable human being. At some point behavior, whether ones actions are illegal or not, has to be accounted for and responsibility taken.

It looks like that point has come. And, as runyou-2 said, hopefully he gets the help he really needs.

guilty before being proven guilty.

You don't have to be guilty of anything for NASCAR or Chevrolet to react. It's their game, their money and if they deem someone unworthy to participate then they don't participate.

There isn't a double standard at NASCAR. It's always been whatever NASCAR says goes, PERIOD.

NASCAR lives by the GOLDEN RULE.........They have all the GOLD, so they make ALL the RULES! (unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's not whether Busch is liked or not, or by whom, it's about him being an ongoing problem that NASCAR can no longer take a chance having as a competitor.

NASCAR does very little that most race fans agree with, but in this instance they might just have done the right thing for once. Chevrolet definitely did the right thing.

In the past it just wasn't busch being completely out of line with cops and journalists it was about him acting out as if he is a despicable human being. At some point behavior, whether ones actions are illegal or not, has to be accounted for and responsibility taken.

It looks like that point has come. And, as runyou-2 said, hopefully he gets the help he really needs.

My statement about it being a double standard goes back to the Travis kvapil incident in which he should have been suspended as well because if he is gonna do it once I'm sure he is gonna do it again... But then again kvapil isn't as high of profile of driver as Busch is either..

Maybe its not a double standard per say, but maybe the situation is an opportunity for NASCAR to put Kurt on mothballs for fear of his overall mental state and what he might do on TV or with his race car... I know he has been a loose cannon at times and I'm not exactly a fan but I really hoped he'd gotten his act together this time, I mean I know he can wheel a race car, but maybe all the other demands that come with his job are more than he is equipped to bare. Maybe like another poster said he should find a different less stressful job.
    Left 4M and Dirt Late Model racing, 04/12/2016 @12:06AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

I believe that you have stated Stewart should be run out of Nascar too. So I am not sure your opinion is anything other than bias on this situation.

Show where I've stated that baby stewy needs to be run out of NASCAR.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-22-2015 at 01:13 PM.

I agree he should stay suspended until he is proven not guilty by a judge and jury & if he his proven yo be NOT guilty they he and his attorney should stick it to Nascar. They should have also suspended Kvapil as we'll.
    Guilty until proven innocent though is not how our justice system was set up. Making exceptions turns the whole justice system upside down.

Unhappy Big Difference

There is one big difference in the Travis Kvapil arrest and the Kurt Busch deal. Look at the dates. Kvapil was PRE Ray Rice/NFL total mess and Kurt Busch was POST Ray Rice/NFL total mess. The rules unfortunately changed and no longer will any sports league or sanctioning body take much of a chance on damaging their reputations like happened to the NFL. It has nothing to do with innocent until proven guility. The media has blown this whole domestic violence deal up so now it is up to YOU to prove you are innocent. Facts don't matter, headlines do. Another part of our rights have been stripped away. The media don't report news, they now create it.

Quote Originally Posted by LMPunk View Post
    He's already been erased from NASCAR.com as well (store, driver list etc). He gone.
    Heeeesssssss baaaaaaaaack!!!!
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????