Thread: cam choice

Default cam choice

The top cars in my class are running Bullet cams, but they are keeping which one(s) to themselves. So I am looking for someone that really knows camshafts to look at the cam info at their site and make a recommendation. http://www.bulletcams.com/BulletCatalog.htm The rules for my class limit compression to 9.5 to 1, cam lift to .540 intake and .560 exhaust, 750 DP, victor jr, 6AL with 7000 chip, open headers (1 5/8"), with a brinn tranny and stock suspension (GM metric mid-size) on a 3/8 mile track with medium banking. The guy I spoke with at Bullet cams didn't give me a lot of confidence in his recommendation - especially since he recommended a cam that exceeds the max lift rules for my class. Thanks in advance.

If he recommended 8018694, .552/573 lift, after you subtract the lash it would be legal.I would use 80185595 with your 9.5 c/r you could use the low end torque.

Tech inspector checks lift at zero lash, so I'm stuck with the .540/.560 lift numbers. Thanks for the recommendation.

Bullet uses lots of the old UD Harold designed cams… good stuff. I'd look around to see if there is something that will beat the other guys… you'll never gain an advantage using what everybody else is running.

Call Mike Jones… he will steer you in the right direction.

www.jonescams.com
    Last edited by Krooser; 02-28-2015 at 04:24 PM.