Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    SO, I'm assuming that none of you watch NASCAR, why do you care? And so you remember, I like the new format, except on the restrictor tracks....
    Please, as best you can, explain who exactly benefits from the European style qualifying and exactly why NASCAR would enact such nonsense? Does it compel more people to watch qualifying since there are some fairly big crashes during qualifying? Does NASCAR and their new breed (which equates to a lot less of them) of NASCAR fan think it's all cool to be like Formula 1? Inquiring minds want to know.

And no, I didn't watch the Cup race. However, I saw on the internet that Jimmy Johnson won. Since Jimmy Johnson is a class act and conducts himself with dignity and doesn't come across as a steaming a$$load and is the best NASCAR driver since David Pearson I was actually happy with the outcome of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Please, as best you can, explain who exactly benefits from the European style qualifying and exactly why NASCAR would enact such nonsense? Does it compel more people to watch qualifying since there are some fairly big crashes during qualifying? Does NASCAR and their new breed (which equates to a lot less of them) of NASCAR fan think it's all cool to be like Formula 1? Inquiring minds want to know.

And no, I didn't watch the Cup race. However, I saw on the internet that Jimmy Johnson won. Since Jimmy Johnson is a class act and conducts himself with dignity and doesn't come across as a steaming a$$load and is the best NASCAR driver since David Pearson I was actually happy with the outcome of the race.

So, you didn't watch the product, but still bitch about it...nice.....kinda bumps your creds down a notch or two..... I'm not sure why you seem to believe everyone in the whole wide world has to think like you and hate NASCAR.... I don't care about the politics, I like the racing, except that the Atlanta race was kind of a snoozer, but under those conditions, I guess it would be....So what it boils down to is you don't like the changes and I do....deal with that, its ok not to think alike....

To the ones who are barking about bringing legal cars to the track: If they started measuring late models with Lasers, I wonder how many would pass. Let's face it, the only thing keeping Nascar afloat right now is Dale Jr. Let him retire, and within two years you won't see a race on a national network. This is coming from a Gordon fan.

So, you didn't watch the product, but still bitch about it...nice.....kinda bumps your creds down a notch or two..... I'm not sure why you seem to believe everyone in the whole wide world has to think like you and hate NASCAR.... I don't care about the politics, I like the racing, except that the Atlanta race was kind of a snoozer, but under those conditions, I guess it would be....So what it boils down to is you don't like the changes and I do....deal with that, its ok not to think alike....
    Exactly.......the race was a snoozer because of the conditions nascar has caused them to race under.

The only race left worth spending 4 hrs to watch is darlington..............and that's because the TRACK itself un does all of nascars snooze alarms.

The lady in black cannot be tamed, not even by nascar........

N.ot
    A.lways
    S.electing
    C.ommon sense
    A.pproach for
    R.acing
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

We've already properly "dealt" with it. Myself and several million other folks that used to follow NASCAR but no longer do because of the silly gimmicks that you so adamantly defend. Do you work for NASCAR? That is when you're not golfing or late model racing in the winter?

Credibility isn't the issue here. I watched highlights of the qualifying fiasco at Daytona and again at Atlanta and that was plenty enough to figure out that this F1 style qualifying just ain't workin' out real well.

Mud, buddy, you seem very reluctant to explain and extol all the many virtues of this screwed up qualifying process and how it's going to once and for all bring NASCAR to the forefront of relevance in the world of sports entertainment. Care to expand on that theme?

Why in the flying (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) would NASCAR think that qualifying needs to be more exciting? I don't get it. I am a NASCAR fan as well. Try to watch it every week. I do not watch qualifying at all anymore and I DID used to like watching qualifying under the old format. Am I NOT the person they should be catering to? Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Exactly.......the race was a snoozer because of the conditions nascar has caused them to race under.

The only race left worth spending 4 hrs to watch is darlington..............and that's because the TRACK itself un does all of nascars snooze alarms.

The lady in black cannot be tamed, not even by nascar........

N.ot
    A.lways
    S.electing
    C.ommon sense
    A.pproach for
    R.acing
    Got it, now NASCAR is in charge of the weather.....yer gittin more loony by the post.....

Quote Originally Posted by A ron View Post
    To the ones who are barking about bringing legal cars to the track: If they started measuring late models with Lasers, I wonder how many would pass. Let's face it, the only thing keeping Nascar afloat right now is Dale Jr. Let him retire, and within two years you won't see a race on a national network. This is coming from a Gordon fan.
    We run a DLM... we get nailed on something two or three times a year... usually spoiler height cause folks seem to measure it differently from sanction to sanction... and I bet you could laser our car and it was be with in tolerance... our owner is anal about that.....

Got it, now NASCAR is in charge of the weather.....yer gittin more loony by the post.....
    Helloooooooooo.........MCFLY...........I'm not( let me repeat) NOT talking about the weather.

The weather had zero to do with it being a snoozer.........it also had very little to do with it only having about 1/2 of the folks in it to fill it to it's 110,000 seat capacity.

And I went from MR brilliant to looney all in 24 hrs?????
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 03-02-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Jeff Gordon blasts NASCAR after 13 drivers aren’t permitted to make qualifying laps at Atlanta!!
    Nate Ryan Feb 27, 2015, 6:51 PM EST

HAMPTON, Ga. – Sprint Cup qualifying was marred by a debacle for the second consecutive race to start the 2015 season.

Several NASCAR stars failed to get on track because their cars didn’t pass inspection Friday before the session began to set the field for the Fields of Honor Quiktrip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway. There were 13 cars that didn’t take a lap, including Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart.

Gordon blasted NASCAR after his No. 24 Chevrolet didn’t take a lap, apologizing to fans and 3M, which was making its debut as his primary sponsor.

“When you have this many teams having issues going through, there’s something wrong with this system or something wrong with the amount of time they’re allotted to get through,” said Gordon, whose car went through the inspection bay twice. “There’s no way with this many good cars and talented people that they can’t figure out how to get these cars through inspection. These guys are too smart and yeah, we’re pushing limits, but there’s something wrong here.

“I’m embarrassed for our series now that this just happened. I’m really upset for my sponsor 3M that just came on this weekend when we didn’t get a chance to qualify. We’re just fortunate that (we make the race). I know there’s a lot of teams that aren’t going to be that fortunate. I hate it for these guys that work so hard. … This is an embarrassment for all of us"

Matt Kenseth shared that sentiment.

“It’s better than not starting,” he said. “I feel bad for whoever didn’t get through there and didn’t make the race.

“They should figure out how to get everyone through tech before qualifying starts, first of all. If they can’t do that, they should probably postpone qualifying until they get everyone through tech with that many cars.”

NASCAR delayed the start of the session by 15 minutes to get teams through inspection.

Sprint Cup director Richard Buck said NASCAR saw the trend develop and tried to provide dispensation to teams. All 47 cars attempting to qualify for the race were given at least one shot at passing inspection.

“We could see the trend develop,” Buck said. “Our job is to work with teams and allow them to meet parameters. We pushed it 15 minutes to give them as much time as we could.

“We treat everybody the same. There were cars that came through three times. Everyone got a fair shot at coming through in a timely manner.”

Buck said most of the problem areas in inspections were related to mechanical grip, specifically related to rear camber, or the angle at which teams tilt their wheels.

Buck said NASCAR would review the inspection process with teams and said he respected the fact that teams were trying to find speed within the bounds of new rules that include 125 less horsepower and 24 percent less downforce.

“They’re pushing the limits,” he said. “That’s their job to get every bit they can get through (inspection). It’s our job that everyone gets a fair opportunity to get through there. That’s what we did.”

Last week at Daytona International Speedway, Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Clint Bowyer excoriated NASCAR after the debut of group qualifying for the Daytona 500 resulted in several wrecks.

Stewart took a more measured tone Friday on Twitter but still was critical.

Tony Stewart ✔ @TonyStewart
    Follow
    If we would have known this was going to happen, we could have worked on the race setup. Was a total waste of a day at the track
    6:49 PM - 27 Feb 2015

Dale Earnhardt Jr., who qualified ninth, said he thought it could lead to improvements in the inspection process.

“I don’t know what my thoughts are because I don’t know what the situation is,” he said. “I don’t know enough about what the problem is and why guys are having problems, so it’s hard to make a comment.

“I am sure it’s something NASCAR doesn’t like to see. The teams certainly would like to get a lap in, so they will work together to improve the situation. We’ve had a little trouble with the technical inspection over the last couple of years. A lot of new things implemented, the cars changing and the rules changing. It’s a bit of a struggle for NASCAR and the teams to sort of make that inspection process as smooth as possible, and (they’re) still learning.”

Said Danica Patrick, who qualified 18th, said: “I don’t know if it is the team’s fault, if it is the series’ fault, if it is the track’s fault or if it is logistical. I literally have no idea. I think we got a little bit lucky today, but we’ll take it because there are days when you are unlucky and you are mad at that.”

This pretty much sums up the qualifying issue on friday..

Buck said most of the problem areas in inspections were related to mechanical grip, specifically related to rear camber, or the angle at which teams tilt their wheels.

This is a TEAM adjustment...the teams blew it and need a scapegoat and they're trying to blame NASCAR...NASCAR doesn't adj there camber, the teams do..... so all you gents blaming NASCAR can clearly see it was a team issue, not NASCAR....but I doubt you'll admit it.....

CIRF holds a grudge against nascar because Earnhardt won 7 championships and Mark Martin couldn't ever get it done even once, well that and the fact that Earnhardt was also more successful than his beloved Terry Labonte.

This is a TEAM adjustment...the teams blew it and need a scapegoat and they're trying to blame NASCAR...NASCAR doesn't adj there camber, the teams do..... so all you gents blaming NASCAR can clearly see it was a team issue, not NASCAR....but I doubt you'll admit it.....

MISSING..........MISSING........MISSING.......MISS ING.......MISSING.....MISSING......

This Is an alert, the above poster is missing the ability to look at, grasp for and understand what the BIG PICTURE problem is ..........his needle is stuck on some insignificant one race qualifying incident.

REWARD IF FOUND AND RETURNED TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

But in other news, now we all know what camber means..........smh.

Quote Originally Posted by retired racer View Post
    CIRF holds a grudge against nascar because Earnhardt won 7 championships and Mark Martin couldn't ever get it done even once, well that and the fact that Earnhardt was also more successful than his beloved Terry Labonte.
    Yeah, but mark and Terry were both gentlemen racers long before it was the cool thing to do..........

Quote Originally Posted by retired racer View Post
    Well, well, well. The stalker-weirdo comes out of the shadows again.

An image of some stinky guy with 4 teeth wearing a dirty 17 year old "forever the man, forever the fan" T-shirt pecking away on a computer keyboard with jaw clenched in a defiant scowl comes to mind every time one of these stalking posts shows up. Phoned any death threats to Sterling Marlin lately? Hehehehehe!!

I like the format on the non restrictor plate track...your probably an older fuddy duddy then CIRF....get over it...NASCAR changed... your saying it sucks means about as much as me saying I like it....we disagree.... and in ten years I may be dead, so why would I care? For the present, I and a couple million others like it...NASCAR will survive and ole coots like you will wither on the vine....
    Another example of someone that needs a goat humping red rep. - The JOKER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    MISSING..........MISSING........MISSING.......MISS ING.......MISSING.....MISSING......

This Is an alert, the above poster is missing the ability to look at, grasp for and understand what the BIG PICTURE problem is ..........his needle is stuck on some insignificant one race qualifying incident.

REWARD IF FOUND AND RETURNED TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

But in other news, now we all know what camber means..........smh.

As I mentioned, you were wrong, CIRF was wrong, Joke was wrong, but you all fail to admit it....no camber issue, no problem in qualifying.....it is a separate question al together whether you do or don't like the format...the two aren't really linked, now are they...

Admit what? That NASCAR has run off 1/2 of their fan base with an idiotic process to determine a champion and the the starting lineup for the races? I'll gladly admit that!

We're merely pointing out the shear stupidity of all this and what it has done to big time stock car racing, not what happened during qualifying at Atlanta! As BBQB said, look at the big picture!

What I think many of us want to know is exactly why the qualifying process was changed to try to be like Formula 1! You can repeatedly explain why the 13 guys didn't get through tech inspection but ya' can't seem to clarify the long term need and reasoning behind changing a tried and true process that's been in place for over 60 years. And obviously not for the better.

The big money is at the top for sure Jim France named to Forbes richest in world at #894 at 2.1 billlllion dollars #318 in the U.S.

As I mentioned, you were wrong, CIRF was wrong, Joke was wrong, but you all fail to admit it....no camber issue, no problem in qualifying.....it is a separate question al together whether you do or don't like the format...the two aren't really linked, now are they...
    But in post 52, you said that rear camber was the issue...........which ,if we were just talking about Atlanta would be worth mentioning.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT NASCAR IN TROUBLE AS A WHOLE........SIMILAR TO YOUR COMPREHENSION ABILITY IN TROUBLE AS A WHOLE!!!