Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bob Pierce Race Cars

Why are so many drivers leaving Pierce?

Several chassis builders are cloning them selling cheaper, grass is greener on other side of fence. Some once said not sure who could of been JR Johnson, big track its the best engine builder, small track best chassis, dirt track best driver. With that being said If a driver buys a chassis and can't win he buys a different chassis. You would be shocked to see how many drivers switch from chassis to chassis every couple years. Not just Pierce chassis all chassis!

I hear it is both a lack of information and quality issue...

I hear its cause Lil Bobby is getting all the info and nobody else is. Pierce wants all kinds of feedback but wont give anything back

It is because they haven't been running that great as of late. There are so many new flavors to try.

I thought the general consensus is that when you buy a car that you expect all the latest and greatest info from the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by PADLMFAN View Post
    I hear its cause Lil Bobby is getting all the info and nobody else is. Pierce wants all kinds of feedback but wont give anything back
    Huck, who actually has a Pierce car, tells a very different story than that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe bob pierce should drive it for them too?? I have a friend who has one and he gets help from pierce and once at danville I heard bob sr telling a guy he would give him the same shock package as bobby. Goes back to you still got to drive. Can have identical cars with different drivers and ge different results

I'm sure it will be fine, its the flavor of the month. Just like people switching from Rocket to go struggle in one of the other new chassis brands. People can't accept that they are not the type of driver who is going to light the world on fire, instead it must be the chassis that is holding them back.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Bob is very good with giving info. He gives you exactly what bobby is running which may or may not work for you. The car is very adjustable and responds well because it's stiff. Bobby is a top talent , getting what he has and running as well as he does will be difficult no matter who's car you have. The shocks have room for improvement for sure but the car is very good and bob is very specific with his answers .

The reason ppl think Bob doesn't help enough is because he knows what works and what doesn't so he is gonna give you a straight answer about what to do instead of saying you can do this or this or that so ppl think they aren't getting a lot of help when instead they're getting quality help..

Schlenk and Unzicker run good in them
    Go Buckeyes!!!

Bob also has a very good seminar that should be attended if you wanna race upfront. Gives you all the details of what is fast! Explains shock dyno sheets on how to read them to get what you want outa them. And most every aspect of how the cars work!

I've never had one, but I've seen Bob go around the pits before the races helping guys that have one of his cars (Modifieds too). That says a lot to me. Up here in north central Illinois they seem to be fast everywhere. I would also assume they have to be a quality piece. No chassis builder is going to put their own kid in something less. Lastly, I agree that many people expect too much out of their chassis builders. We're the ones that just screw it up anyways. As I've heard Rayburn say, everyone's the fastest when they first get a car. Then they maybe struggle a night or two and its all downhill from there because they start adjusting too much. That's probably why he's talked about building a car that you can only adjust the seat belts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Schlenk and Unzicker run good in them
    Schlenk only runs one part of the time. And he is just average just picks the right places to run

Quote Originally Posted by goincircles View Post
    Schlenk only runs one part of the time. And he is just average just picks the right places to run
    have watched schlenk many many times, he is an above average racer.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

I know the BP cars around here have been modified quite a bit.

Schlenk ran one all last year. To say he is average is just idiotic.

If Rusty had money or a big time ride! He would be a top runner! content being small time and very good at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin51 View Post
    I know the BP cars around here have been modified quite a bit.
    What has been modified about them?