Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default NASCAR Stupidity

We made an appoint to watch Xfinity qualifying to see if the NASCAR stupidity continues and they didn't disappoint. A bunch of torn up racecars for NO GOOD REASON!! And from start to finish all the teams were setting idling on pit road for the timed session to click down, FOR NO GOOD REASON!!

Has there ever been a qualifying process so stupid in the history of auto racing? None come to mind.

Someone please explain what went wrong with lining cars up on pit road and sending them out one by one and seeing who is the fastest to determine the starting line up!! Will NASCAR continue implementing these silly gimmicks until there is virtually no one in the stands and no one watching on TV? It appears that is what their objective is!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey CIRF, you could have made that picture bigger!

I took it from my own picture folder, no URL.

Sorry I plagiarized the picture you already posted but it fits the mood of the post so well I couldn't resist. I didn't think you'd mind.

Thanks Clayton.

My son went to the Nationwide/Truck race 1 ticket both race's, I think he paid $45.00 for his ticket, He said there was like 6,000 fans in the stands for the Nationwide race and only like 3,000 fans stayed to watch the Truck race. I been watching Nascar a long time 35 plus years and that was one of the saddest looking crowds in the stands I have ever seen.I remember there used to be like a 4 year waiting list to get Cup tickets to Bristol, Now you can go up there on Race day and buy tickets at the gate. Pretty sad what Nascar has become.

Quote Originally Posted by _LatemodelFan_ View Post
    My son went to the Nationwide/Truck race 1 ticket both race's, I think he paid $45.00 for his ticket, He said there was like 6,000 fans in the stands for the Nationwide race and only like 3,000 fans stayed to watch the Truck race. I been watching Nascar a long time 35 plus years and that was one of the saddest looking crowds in the stands I have ever seen.I remember there used to be like a 4 year waiting list to get Cup tickets to Bristol, Now you can go up there on Race day and buy tickets at the gate. Pretty sad what Nascar has become.
    Don't blame nascar...........it's the drivers fault that nascar is in such a mess and nobody is coming to the races anymore.

Or at least that's what I read in the mudslinger almanac issue number 47.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

LatemodelFan, are you referring to the Xfinity and truck race at Atlanta last weekend?

CIRF, That is correct.

Exfinity hasn't pulled a crowd in some years and the trucks never have, even though they generally put on the best show.....I work on a DLM team, and have for the last 20 yrs....many time we have been involved in group qualifying and I don't recall a single wreck, maybe a spin out, but no damage....so maybe it is the drivers fault, maybe they brought money to the table and no talent....is that a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Exfinity hasn't pulled a crowd in some years and the trucks never have, even though they generally put on the best show.....I work on a DLM team, and have for the last 20 yrs....many time we have been involved in group qualifying and I don't recall a single wreck, maybe a spin out, but no damage....so maybe it is the drivers fault, maybe they brought money to the table and no talent....is that a possibility?
    Group qualifying in a dlm works because there are 3 maybe 4 cars on the track at the same time, generally spaced apart for 2 laps.

How can you even compare what nascar is doing with the group qualifying of a dlm???

Spin it however you want, but they aren't even close to the same........

Young France is a dumb little prick. Unless he can find someone to wave a magic wand over his head, he will remain a dumb little prick......all the whil,e NASCAR is swirling down the drain!

As I have asked at least 5 times and since you are an avid Kool-Aid drinker, please address the question of why this qualifying stupidity is deemed necessary by NASCAR? Why it was implemented in the first place since there was no outcry for a change to be made by competitors or by fans?

I agree the trucks put on the best show that's for sure. Those who don't watch it are truly missing out on some good racing.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    As I have asked at least 5 times and since you are an avid Kool-Aid drinker, please address the question of why this qualifying stupidity is deemed necessary by NASCAR? Why it was implemented in the first place since there was no outcry for a change to be made by competitors or by fans?
    I'm just curious why does it have to stay the same way? Why can't they change it up? I don't know the reason why they changed it up but, really what makes the difference. NASCAR owns the sanction and can do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    NASCAR owns the sanction and can do whatever they want.
    That they can and when the TV deal dries up, NASCAR will be in a world of hurt.If you do not have a worthy product who will your consumers be ?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I'm just curious why does it have to stay the same way? Why can't they change it up? I don't know the reason why they changed it up but, really what makes the difference. NASCAR owns the sanction and can do whatever they want.
    Sure they can do whatever they want, Kid. And we as fans and consumers can do whatever we want, and about 50% of us who once followed NASCAR passionately have voted with our feet and our money.

I'm equally curious as to what the perceived benefit of Formula 1 qualifying is and who they are trying to appeal to. In regards to what difference it makes, I would refer you to Clint Bowyer.

Sure they can do whatever they want, Kid. And we as fans and consumers can do whatever we want, and about 50% of us who once followed NASCAR passionately have voted with our feet and our money.

I'm equally curious as to what the perceived benefit of Formula 1 qualifying is and who they are trying to appeal to. In regards to what difference it makes, I would refer you to Clint Bowyer.

There was a stretch of time that we went to darlington, rockingham,martinsville, Bristol and Atlanta every single year( about 10 in a row) , and would sometimes work it out to go to the 500 during those years........and paid pretty good ( reasonable)money to do it.

The only one of those I go to now is the darlington race, and 1/2 the time I do that we get tickets for nothing from our suppliers and it's close and even the nascar puppeteers can hardly screw that one up...........even though they tried.

So your absolutely right cirf..................

That they can and when the TV deal dries up, NASCAR will be in a world of hurt.If you do not have a worthy product who will your consumers be ?
    I never said everything they do is smart business move. I'm just saying it's their deal to run it as they seem fit.

And you are so right once the TV deal dries up they will be in serious trouble but, as long as they get a TV deal they will stay afloat. There will be enough fans along with the TV deal to make that happen.
    Last edited by kidrock; 03-05-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Yes and that sounds like keep watching and complaining. Yes if I was Clint and that happen to me I would be pissed as well but, I bet if he would have set on the pole he would have said that was great. Like Mud and I said it's probably not a good idea for the restrictor plate tracks. I would throw Bristol in on that as well but, the other tracks is it really that big of a deal?

Who cares who they are trying to appeal to. In my opinion it's better then the ole single car qualifying.

Kid, I watched all the Daytona stuff 'cause we went down there for over 20 years in a row for Speedweeks starting in the early 1980's. Got our belly full of the ridiculous ticket prices and the lack of decent racing but our spirit is still in Daytona during the month of February. I did not watch the deal at Atlanta and will not make any attempt to watch NASCAR the rest of the season. The interest just isn't there anymore.

The question I have and no one seems to want to answer is why? What is the benefit, if any, to the F1 style time limit qualifying. What was the down side of the single car-two lap qualifying system as opposed to the F1 style? Is it change merely for the sake of change or was there a specific problem with the former qualifying process? If it's the latter then someone please point it out and be specific.

Kid, what's the problem with your PM? It won't go through.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-05-2015 at 03:08 PM.