Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Wars

Default Border Wars

Hagerstown 20 Winchester 18

Question

I heard that the track conditions @ Funchester were stellar...
    Opinions may vary...

Blowing dust in warm ups.

It wasn't the best track conditions I've ever seen at Winchester, however the racing was still good. The SLM winner won from the pole, but I think he was the fastest car last night anyway. The LLM race featured a late race side by side battle (and pass) for the lead between Coffey and DeHaven that was clean and great racing. The LLM race was definitely the race of the night. The SLM race wasn't bad -- not sure who the 83 car in the SLM division is (the car looks like an old CS Fitzgerald car) but he pulled a Casey Roberts on JT Spence and to my knowledge there is no history between them. I don't think they had even run one lap near each other in the feature before that happened.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    It wasn't the best track conditions I've ever seen at Winchester, however the racing was still good. The SLM winner won from the pole, but I think he was the fastest car last night anyway. The LLM race featured a late race side by side battle (and pass) for the lead between Coffey and DeHaven that was clean and great racing. The LLM race was definitely the race of the night. The SLM race wasn't bad -- not sure who the 83 car in the SLM division is (the car looks like an old CS Fitzgerald car) but he pulled a Casey Roberts on JT Spence and to my knowledge there is no history between them. I don't think they had even run one lap near each other in the feature before that happened.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    Oh, so the 83 won again????
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The 83 cars is owned by Cris Cromer I believe

Someone told me that the 83 finished around mid pack last night..........sounds like he pulled more of a josh Richards last night than a Casey Roberts.

Or did the 83 win???

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Oh, so the 83 won again????
    No, the 83 blindsided JT Spence for no apparent reason.

No, the 83 blindsided JT Spence for no apparent reason.
    Oh, so now I'm really confused.........because Casey does nothing for no apparent reason.

Someone told me that the 83 finished around mid pack last night..........sounds like he pulled more of a josh Richards last night than a Casey Roberts.

Or did the 83 win???
    Are you trying to compare Josh Richards (who raced against the best competition in the country and finished 2nd and 13th this weekend) to Casey Roberts who beat a "stellar" field of 21 cars at CLR (18-20 of which would likely have had their nights end in the B Main at Atomic and Brownstown).

Are you trying to compare Josh Richards (who raced against the best competition in the country and finished 2nd and 13th this weekend) to Casey Roberts who beat a "stellar" field of 21 cars at CLR (18-20 of which would likely have had their nights end in the B Main at Atomic and Brownstown).
    I just pulled me up a chair and got me a front row seat for this one.

No , I was just trying to compare the lunacy of your statement that some guy in an 83 ran into some guy for no apparent reason and you describing it as pulling a Casey Roberts on him.........when in fact you knew, know and has been vetted a million times on here why and how the Roberts / Richards incident( s) happened like they did.

And since you took the opportunity to chunk another one sided ( completely biased) jab at one of the nicest, most well mannered ( on and off track)drivers in the country..........I felt compelled to point out the fact that if your going to nickname something a " Casey Roberts" then it should be for something he does a lot of( which is win with class) instead of something that he does once( which was loose his cool).

So when you said he pulled a Casey Roberts on him last night,One could only assume that you meant he won..........

But since the 83 didn't win and finished mid pack like josh Richards did last night, it was only fare to point out that comparison as well..................I mean, since you brought it up (again) and all.

So feel free to seruptitiously rehash the Roberts/Richards incident all that you want.......but don't think for a second that it won't receive a ridiculous response in kind.

Fair enough????

Thumbs up

If anyone is interested, Hagerstown was very entertaining last evening...I didn't stay for the greatest words in all of motorsports (The Hobby Stock Cruisers are on the Speedway) and still made it home by 9PM EDT...
    Opinions may vary...

Arrow

.......but don't think for a second that it won't receive a ridiculous response in kind.????
    I'm perfectly fine with it as long as you don't lift your leg on my bushes...

Thanks,
    Stan
    Opinions may vary...

No , I was just trying to compare the lunacy of your statement that some guy in an 83 ran into some guy for no apparent reason and you describing it as pulling a Casey Roberts on him.........when in fact you knew, know and has been vetted a million times on here why and how the Roberts / Richards incident( s) happened like they did.

And since you took the opportunity to chunk another one sided ( completely biased) jab at one of the nicest, most well mannered ( on and off track)drivers in the country..........I felt compelled to point out the fact that if your going to nickname something a " Casey Roberts" then it should be for something he does a lot of( which is win with class) instead of something that he does once( which was loose his cool).

So when you said he pulled a Casey Roberts on him last night,One could only assume that you meant he won..........

But since the 83 didn't win and finished mid pack like josh Richards did last night, it was only fare to point out that comparison as well..................I mean, since you brought it up (again) and all.

So feel free to seruptitiously rehash the Roberts/Richards incident all that you want.......but don't think for a second that it won't receive a ridiculous response in kind.

Fair enough????
    Screven was the first time I saw Roberts race, so you can imagine my impression of him is much less than spectacular. Last night when the 83 car spun JT Spence it looked almost identical to how Roberts spun Richards. To me the comparison was obvious.

It wasn't necessarily to rehash the Roberts/Richards incident, I wasn't the first to mention Josh Richards in fact.

The bottom line is you (and many others) make comments about Josh Richards, or Bloomquist, or Owens, or anyone else. If I disagree I make sure to post and let you (or them) know. You are welcome to do the same thing, but at current my opinion of Roberts is not good at all and that will always be reflected in my posts. He might be walking an old lady across the street as we speak, but the only thing I know him for is blatantly taking out my favorite driver. Obviously you have a different opinion of Roberts based on other factors.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

I am going to have to get in on this. I have seen Casey race many times and he is one of the smoothest drivers out there, nicest guy's in the pit's and probably has the utmost respect from the people he races with but if you can draw your opinion of him by one race you seen then have at it, but you better be ready to take your lumps whenever your boy get's into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    I am going to have to get in on this. I have seen Casey race many times and he is one of the smoothest drivers out there, nicest guy's in the pit's and probably has the utmost respect from the people he races with but if you can draw your opinion of him by one race you seen then have at it, but you better be ready to take your lumps whenever your boy get's into trouble.
    That may be true, but I don't see that stuff. I'm sure a bunch of people who's driving I am not a fan of are great guys off track. I would like to point out that Josh is also one of the nicest guy's in the pit area. Every time I've stopped to talk with him (as a fan, not even a customer.. Yet.) he always takes the time to talk for a few minutes whether it is before or after the race. As far as taking lumps I do, often, have you noticed how many people don't like Josh Richards?

Thanks,
    Jeff.

First I said on track and off and if you are thinking about getting a car then I say best of luck to you but you better tighten them belt's tight because you will really see what this thing called dirt racing is all about.

Screven was the first time I saw Roberts race, so you can imagine my impression of him is much less than spectacular. Last night when the 83 car spun JT Spence it looked almost identical to how Roberts spun Richards. To me the comparison was obvious.

It wasn't necessarily to rehash the Roberts/Richards incident, I wasn't the first to mention Josh Richards in fact.

The bottom line is you (and many others) make comments about Josh Richards, or Bloomquist, or Owens, or anyone else. If I disagree I make sure to post and let you (or them) know. You are welcome to do the same thing, but at current my opinion of Roberts is not good at all and that will always be reflected in my posts. He might be walking an old lady across the street as we speak, but the only thing I know him for is blatantly taking out my favorite driver. Obviously you have a different opinion of Roberts based on other factors.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    I understand, I hated on Shannon babb for a while for taking out one of my favorites a long time ago, but I got over it and now am a babb fan because of how he does race........... just for the record, I've never once thrown a blanket over an opinion about any of the drivers that you mentioned.

In fact,I've gone out of my way to say that I'm not a josh hater...........I've never once addressed him as kid wreckit as many others do..........a nickname that many will tell you ,is very well earned.( I personally don't see if that way).

I respect your opinion though, and although I don't just have one favorite team or driver, I do think a lot of those guys in the 101 camp ( driver,family,crew and sponsors)and what they stand for...............

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    First I said on track and off and if you are thinking about getting a car then I say best of luck to you but you better tighten them belt's tight because you will really see what this thing called dirt racing is all about.
    I'll be picking something up this Fall, this season I'm promoting a Modified tour in my area. Really am trying to get that division to take off here because I would like to run those things. If it does not go as planned though I'll be looking at Crates or 358 Late Models.

I raced on asphalt a few years when I was in high school so I'm not completely new to the whole deal. Its a lot of work no matter what you race on, that is for sure.

Thanks,
    Jeff.