Default Bert second gen Issue/question

Can someone measure the distance of the shifter rod when fully in reverse, from the case to the end?

Im having trouble getting the car in reverse and want to make sure before i go tearing into stuff.

I havent got the car running yet, but it should go into all the gears pretty easy i suspect? Low and high seem to be easy to hit

Reverse has issues in the 2nd gens if it is hard to go in sounds like mine and it wasn't long it went out. I was told there's some upgrade to fix that.

Any info on the upgrade?

I was always under the understanding that Bert transmissions were NOT meant to be shifted without the motor running or the car rolling. There is no synchronizers in them so if it isn't spinning your basically jamming it into gear which could break the shift fork.

I could be wrong but that is what I was always led to believe.

I thought it might be that, but it will very easily switch the forward gears. Guess ill fire it up and see what we got

well Found the issue. The shifter rod was not adjusted right and it was throwing me off. i was just barely catching High gear, enough to throw me... All is well