Default Appleton Rack opinions

I was wondering if anyone has any info good or bad on these racks. I have only ever used Woodward and am just curious what you guys think. I hate to say it but they are a little cheaper but I've learned you get what you pay for. Thanks John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

I had a few Appletons over the years. They were always leaking and breaking teeth off. I tried to sell my used ones and nobody wanted them. 4yrs ago I went with a Sweet and still no chipped teeth or leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatTire View Post
    I had a few Appletons over the years. They were always leaking and breaking teeth off. I tried to sell my used ones and nobody wanted them. 4yrs ago I went with a Sweet and still no chipped teeth or leaks.
    Point taken. Just never heard a lot about them. Thought I would ask. Thanks John 1*
    "Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back."
    — Heraclitus

this kinda goes with the steering wheel discussion, my experience ive had appletons, brts ,wilwoods, now use the sweet double pull and wont use anything else, had a applleton in the car when I broke my arm they seem to give a lot of kickback when you touch wheels, buy a sweet rack if you can, and you wont drop out of races becauce the ram bolt breaks and no power steering.

Woodward is the ultimate indestructible power steering racks and servos ... There's a reason sweets are half as much.

wilwoods are a good rack ,but ive had the ram bolt break on them also, ended up with a high grade bolt and welded the arm to the shaft.

The new style clevis Woodwards don't have a bolt.

like I said ain't used one since 2008 , new car had a sweet sold the old car and gave him the spare 1200 dollar rack with it. there both good but wouldn't use a Appleton.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I will stick with the Woodward. I also like all the tech support I have received from them in the past. Always good to learn a little something though. John 1*
    — Heraclitus