Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Just checked the Peoria website. Nothing about the new policy. I would be very upset after making the drive and then finding out they have changed the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    Not arguing, but i live in Ohio. Never heard of a track charging extra to bring in a cooler. Around me the tracks that sell beer do not allow you to bring in a cooler. The tracks that don't let you carry in can beer.
    The tracks around me that sell beer let you carry in a cooler, but it can't have any beer in it, for obvious reasons.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by FromIowa View Post
    Just checked the Peoria website. Nothing about the new policy. I would be very upset after making the drive and then finding out they have changed the policy.
    heres from their facebook page...

Peoria Speedway ... I guess we shoulda waited til somebody got killed to do anything about the problem... Having a liquor license is a big responsibility one not to be taken lightly... With a system of letting people pass through the gates and go out and get drunk at will... My bartenders cannot control someone's level of intoxication... Which is one of a liquor license holders jobs and responsibilities to public safety last night we had no arguments no fights no security concerns at all and I actually slept well last night knowing we served people alcohol in a responsible manner and no fans or innocent families got killed on the way home .. And just maybe some families actually got come out enjoy a nice family facility without having their family outing ruined by some obnoxious drunk person.. Thank you for everyone that attended and that understands that we are trying to make Peoria Speedway family-friendly once again... And a safe place for all

Like · Reply · 13 · April 5 at 12:05pm

highgroove, I went to Peoria Speedway Facebook page and found nothing mentioning the new pass-out rules.

Am I on the wrong page? Post a link to the page you referred to.

Thanks.

To Peoria Speedway...Maybe just do this on your weekly show...Because I think you are trying to get some bigger races in here, this might not be good idea if you want folks from out of town who travel to the races in campers and motorhomes to abide by this rule....I being one who travels all over to see dirt track racing in a motorhome, it is common practice to go back to your camper or motorhome several times at a event for various reasons....some go back to use the toilet, some go back during intermission instead of sitting in the stands, some go back when it's cold to warm up or get another jacket or something to keep warms. Some only come to watch the Super Late Models and go back to camper until the main events start....Some like to go up early and mark their seat and then go back till races start....and yes they might have a beer or 2 while there back there....But this rule I think would deter some of these folks from coming and spending the night for a Peoria program....Especially on 2 day events like your having in Sept this year....I do understand not wanting folks to bring their own food in, but I would like to see 100 motorhomes sitting in your parking lot at big events like their are at Fairbury and Farmer City...The more popular your track becomes , the more folks will come....

hg, do you have a link address to the Facebook page you got this from?

https://www.facebook.com/jason.plumer?fref=tsread some of the speedway owners posts, see for yourself how he feels

Being in the alcohol business for over 30'years and knowing the state and federal laws like I do......the owner has a valid point about verifying someone's alcohol concentration.

That being said, if he doesn't think that someone is sliding in flasks in there boots, mini bottles in there bra , getting hammered prior to even going in, etc etc.......he is fooling himself.

I like his stance on making it family oriented, but his re charge idea is going to drive the folks away, and the non drinkers won't be there when he needs them.

Just put somebody in the parking lot for goodness sake.........and if his bartenders aren't serving the drunks the alcohol ( because they are trained to spot drunkenness) and would be breaking the law to serve somebody already intoxicated then why fight this fight with the folks that support you every week.

Put somebody at the gate.......if they come back in hammered, then they don't get in.

Simple as that.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by barbecueboy View Post
    being in the alcohol business for over 30'years and knowing the state and federal laws like i do......the owner has a valid point about verifying someone's alcohol concentration.

That being said, if he doesn't think that someone is sliding in flasks in there boots, mini bottles in there bra , getting hammered prior to even going in, etc etc.......he is fooling himself.

I like his stance on making it family oriented, but his re charge idea is going to drive the folks away, and the non drinkers won't be there when he needs them.

Just put somebody in the parking lot for goodness sake.........and if his bartenders aren't serving the drunks the alcohol ( because they are trained to spot drunkenness) and would be breaking the law to serve somebody already intoxicated then why fight this fight with the folks that support you every week.

Put somebody at the gate.......if they come back in hammered, then they don't get in.

Simple as that.
    amen!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyone View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/jason.plumer?fref=tsread some of the speedway owners posts, see for yourself how he feels
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyone View Post
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Being in the alcohol business for over 30'years and knowing the state and federal laws like I do......the owner has a valid point about verifying someone's alcohol concentration.

Simple as that.
    That wouldn't work bbb, its TOO simple. Most track owners/promoters don't understand that principle.

A great business mentor, my dad, taught me along time ago, NOT to base my business decisions on the exceptions. That is what appears this track promoter is doing and will eventually fail!
    Last edited by drtrkr244; 04-08-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    That wouldn't work bbb, its TOO simple. Most track owners/promoters don't understand that principle.

A great business mentor, my dad, taught me along time ago, NOT to base my business decisions on the exceptions. That is what appears this track promoter is doing and will eventually fail!
    I've never quite heard it put like that before, but your dad gave you some great advice....

It just seems like there is some other sort of underlying current that is driving this new policy.........

Make the snack bar food worth eating( buy the 20 cent hot dog instead of the 10 cent one, get creative with the nachos ,come up with a signature track menu item,use better ingredients and charge 50 cents more for the quality, people WILL gladly pay extra for quality and taste and creativity).......monitor the drinking situation in the parking lot and ban folks that are causing the problem, I would almost bet that 10 % of the people are causing 90% of the problems.

Better to flush those 10% out of the equation now than make it hard on the other 90% down the road.

Their smart, they will figure it out.........
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????