Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kumoneyewannalaya Island, along the IP Freely Expressway

Thumbs up Congrats To Kevin Weaver!!

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kevin put the dam hurt on ole JimmyO!!!! Spectacular show by the B12 car!! Very impressive...

Freaky Fast!!!

So, what's the congrats for? A heat race win?

Quote Originally Posted by cutman View Post
    For a 24 finish

One of the loudest roars from the speedway came when lil small time Kevin slung around Mr Big Show Owens for the lead and win. IF you follow racing, yes! That was big. Weav was fast all weekend. Had some bad luck.
    Owens team could hide Kevin Weavers car, trailer and crew in the side compartment of his double stacker hauler. It's great when a small time team does good. jmo
    8/13/16

That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    One of the loudest roars from the speedway came when lil small time Kevin slung around Mr Big Show Owens for the lead and win. IF you follow racing, yes! That was big. Weav was fast all weekend. Had some bad luck.
    Owens team could hide Kevin Weavers car, trailer and crew in the side compartment of his double stacker hauler. It's great when a small time team does good. jmo
    That's cool, BUT how much did that pay?

I guess my answer to you cutman would be unless you own Kevin weavers racing operation then if I were you I wouldn't worry about what it paid!! I'm sure that Kevin Weaver was stoked last night with his accomplishments!!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    HH some people just don't get what it means bud for a small time guy like Kevin to have the weekend he had even though he had some bad luck all in all he still outran one of the biggest dogs in the pack!!
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

He looked to be one of the faster cars in the feature until he got together with Junghans. I couldn't see exactly what happened from where I was sitting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    HH some people just don't get what it means bud for a small time guy like Kevin to have the weekend he had even though he had some bad luck all in all he still outran one of the biggest dogs in the pack!!
    It was a heat race victory. Moral victories don't pay bills. I've got zero against Kevin, geez, you Illinois boys are sensitive

It was a heat race victory. Moral victories don't pay bills. I've got zero against Kevin, geez, you Illinois boys are sensitive
    Exactly.... As much as the Illinois boys are talked up on here. I expect them beat Jimmy Owens every once in awhile. To act like Owens had never been beat in a heat race before is down right pathetic.

And yes you Illinois boys are sensitive.

You know cutman it may have not payed a lot in money but I am sure it payed a lot in new fan's and that my friend is priceless sometimes and I am not even a Illinois boy.

Was worth the price of admission alone to more then half the folks at FC. That, and the bragging rights are priceless!!

KW is good people who deserves this acknowledgement. Not to many drivers can say they came out on top running this close with Jimmy be it the World 100 or a heat race at FC...

Nasty55 is from IL? When a home town guy does good hell yes your gonna see emotion! IL is dam proud of it's drivers, and respectively give them there due. What so wrong about patting a neighbor on the back when it's deserving. Lol call it what you want, but ya can't take the pride away from the fans here in IL that we have for owr own...

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Exactly.... As much as the Illinois boys are talked up on here. I expect them beat Jimmy Owens every once in awhile. To act like Owens had never been beat in a heat race before is down right pathetic.

And yes you Illinois boys are sensitive.
    I wouldn't call it sensitive, I call it responding to someones uninformative comment. Any time a small time local can beat a touring National driver in any race it deserves kudos. Normally when the Outlaws or Lucas Oil regulars go to most any track, the home town drivers are back runners. There are exceptions but not common.

Most folks praise Dennis Erb as the 1 man band. At least he has Heather. Kevin Weaver does it all by himself. We are not talking about a Babb, Shep, Feger, or Pierce. We are talkin Kevin Weaver. Say what you want, to be able to run with that competition is worth the praise.

Somebody paid someone a compliment and sh1t hits the fan. wow
    8/13/16

No need to explain respect to these fools HH... They don't get it so the best thay got is name calling, and whining... to funny!!!

I have known Kevin Weaver for he!!, its been so long .. back in the 70s... He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet . He is soft spoken and will take time for ever one.. He has BEAT the big name boys here at FarmerCity more then once... Bad luck weekend for him... He don't cry like the big boys when thing go wrong, just shows up the next week end ready too race....WHAT not too like about him... Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Cardirt0 View Post
    I have known Kevin Weaver for he!!, its been so long .. back in the 70s... He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet . He is soft spoken and will take time for ever one.. He has BEAT the big name boys here at FarmerCity more then once... Bad luck weekend for him... He don't cry like the big boys when thing go wrong, just shows up the next week end ready too race....WHAT not too like about him... Gary
    Don't think anyone was showing dislike for Kevin, it's the pride we have for the guys here in IL for what ever reason that gets under thier thin skin... right huskey dirt??? HAHAHAAaaaaaaamen!

IF most racers stopped to think how much it PAYS ....... There would only be 10 or less cars on the track for the Big show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take a way the drivers at the track that hope they win the big one, Not can win the Big one and there only be 10 cars out there...
    Take a way the FANs that's there for them Racers and 1/2 the people in the stands would be at home.......
    They keep racing alive... You need them more then they need you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Happy View Post
    Don't think anyone was showing dislike for Kevin, it's the pride we have for the guys here in IL for what ever reason that gets under thier thin skin... right huskey dirt??? HAHAHAAaaaaaaamen!
    Pride.... Kevin is why I am Proud to say I am from ILL. Why I stick up for ALL ILL drivers...Win or Lose Its Go ILL Boys...........