Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldora ALMS

Default Eldora ALMS

Rusty Schlenk wins!!!
    Go Buckeyes!!!

casebolt put on a show from the tail. he used his tires up with a few laps to go. Gilpin did a nice job winding up second after slapping the wall. kent robinson gets the dumb luck award in the lm and mods...

James was fastest car on track at the end, ran out of laps

Casebolt from tail? He started 10th that's not even halfway through the field. Congrats to Rusty and the Lawrence team on the win. Devin Gilpin was also very impressive finishing 2nd.

matt westfall had a solid night also. glad to see him in a super.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

The racing was great in all three divisions. Josh Rice looks to be a very promising talent. The dust was absolutely terrible

Is Rusty in someone else s equipment for the year or was this a 1 time gig?
    8/13/16

He runs the Mike Lawrence 11 car at all Eldora races and select ALMS shows.

Quote Originally Posted by JK4745 View Post
    He runs the Mike Lawrence 11 car at all Eldora races and select ALMS shows.
    Good for Rusty. Is that a pretty well funded team? Nice to see someone give him a chance.
    8/13/16

only 25 laps for $5000 to win, easy money. couple more laps James would have been in the lead! $12 for the night ws pretty nice. Mod race ws over after 5 laps....dude from NC was in another league

No, the Lawrence motorsports ride for Schlenk isn't a big funded team. However, it does have one of the smartest car owner / crew chiefs (Mike Lawrence a.k.a Saus) who has been racing LM's for over 30 years and a crew that's been there for 20 plus years also. They are a small race team but can run with the big boys. Doesn't hurt having Rusty behind the wheel either. Man that car was on a rail last night at Eldora. I believe Rusty drove for them back in 2008 and had a lot of success.
    Last edited by ThebigE; 04-19-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by racerx99 View Post
    only 25 laps for $5000 to win, easy money. couple more laps James would have been in the lead! $12 for the night ws pretty nice. Mod race ws over after 5 laps....dude from NC was in another league
    Referring to Mooresville, NC driver #8 Kyle Strickler who I've seen race a few times and I will say has a ton of talent.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

Like BigE said not a big funded team. Mike brings lots of Eldora experience and a good car and Rusty has a ton of driving talent. They seem to work well together. That combination won the ALMS championship a few years back. They reunited last year and got better as the year went on. This year started out great hopefully they continue to have a successful season.

Saus has managed to help more than a few guys make their way to eldora myself included and is definitely one of the few no nonsense people in this sport. Congrats to them on the win . Glad gilpin has finally stepped up too now if he will just put that mod stuff behind him maybe we will see his full potential.

Casebolt pitted for a tire and drove the wheels off of it to fifth. Weighed in 5# light though

Any videos out there of the feature?

thanks dirt junkie, I didn't think I was crazy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThebigE View Post
    No, the Lawrence motorsports ride for Schlenk isn't a big funded team. However, it does have one of the smartest car owner / crew chiefs (Mike Lawrence a.k.a Saus) who has been racing LM's for over 30 years and a crew that's been there for 20 plus years also. They are a small race team but can run with the big boys. Doesn't hurt having Rusty behind the wheel either. Man that car was on a rail last night at Eldora. I believe Rusty drove for them back in 2008 and had a lot of success.

That car has had several different drivers in it over the years. I remember Ben Adkins, Jerry Bowersock, and I think even Jake Hawkins driving it a few times, Bowersock drove it a bunch. It never failed before the pits were changed not to see that orange and black 11 sitting in the first pit stall in turn 1.

Jeff Babcok (I know I mispelled Jeff's last name because it won't allow me to use the last 4 letters in his name!!) and I think Jon Henry have driven for them also. They used to race and travel a lot more than they do now. I know Schlenk won the ALMS with Lawrence Motorsports back in 08 or 09. Good little race team.

Brian Ruhlman, Kenny Gossard, Ryan Sutter have also driven for Lawrence.