Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baddboy1 View Post
    Can't be Litey the words are spelled correctly and proper grammar is used.But many believe it is a "banned" person making another screen name.Kind of twisted deal.
    Your right lol,

Quote Originally Posted by rustymod View Post
    Great, so your plan is for the class to die and stay with ump. No thanks. Even going usra would drop tire cost about 40 bucks each. This is good thing for all a mods. Staying with ump is a fools move.One more thing yes all sanctions make money on tires but why does ump have to be some (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) greedy. Imca and usra both, charge 40 bucks less a tire and make plenty of cash. Ump just screwing the racers with overpriced garbage tires
    what about the guys that have a warehouse full of tires if IMCA AND USRA WAS SO GREAT WHY AREN'T TALKING TO THE TRACKS RIGHT NOW TO CHANGE THATS NOT UMPS FAULT FOR THE CHARGE ITS HOOSIERS DID YOU EVER THINK THEY MAY COST MORE TO BUILD

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    litey i'm all for teaching every car no matter who it is and yes like i said it should be a joint effort between the tracks and the sanction but, that's only part of the problem. You can keep sticking up for ump and things can stay the same and one your going to wake up and only have a few tracks that you can go to but, like i said before i have no horse in this race no more so, for me it's not a problem but, for the guys that are still in it i feel bad for them. And yes just because i don't have horse in the race doesn't mean i can't have an opinion.
    that is teching teacher

I know acouple racers both mods and lates thatmostly buy used tires been doing it for years and finish in the top 20 in points year after year
    Last edited by hygty; 05-10-2015 at 05:48 PM.

ask a sprint car how their tires are and how many they get out of them but they don't complain

http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?343...d-win-amp-MORE d@mn UMP wait not all classes areUMP

Quote Originally Posted by hygty View Post
    what about the guys that have a warehouse full of tires if IMCA AND USRA WAS SO GREAT WHY AREN'T TALKING TO THE TRACKS RIGHT NOW TO CHANGE THATS NOT UMPS FAULT FOR THE CHARGE ITS HOOSIERS DID YOU EVER THINK THEY MAY COST MORE TO BUILD
    No need to yell Lite Inn, lol. I think you may want to recheck things a bit. I was at the usra booth at a recent event, and yes they are talking to tracks are trying to move this way, cant speak for imca, too much of an engine change anyway for most. your defense of ump wont hold water the a40s disaster showed the truth, I know more than one racer that already mounted these ckunkers and are stuck with them. Not to mention suppliers that bought them and had to return them You can keep defending UMP but its a waste of time everyone else sees exactly whats going on. Car counts are down and a switch by next next wont hurt anyone it fact it will only save money in the long run.

Warehouse of tires dream on. I hope no one is stuck with a boat load of those useless A40s tires that they had to take back. Dont cry about Hoosier tires cost please them and UMP are laughing all the way to the back and they still are.
    So please explain your plan to fix the problem is to have everyone stay with ump...and exactly what is ump doing to help the amod class other that trying to screw us all with a40s tire ?

UMP and Sam are cluelss and they are going down, keep supporting your relative if you must but they are not helping anyone except there own bank accounts, a switch ANY other sanction would be an upgrade.

time to alert the moderator again, there WAS a good discussion on how to improve the class with car counts down, and the now its getting derailed.

being derailed or telling the real story for instance there are probably at 30 drivers in mods that move either crates or supers you never fiqured that out did you USRA couldn't handle that many tracks could they

being derailed or telling the real story for instance there are probably at 30 drivers in mods that move either crates or supers you never fiqured that out did you USRA couldn't handle that many tracks could they
    as always lite inn you are back on the board and showing that you do not have a clue and the same old fact is you dont spend any money on this class or any other so this is of no concern for you. Please go back to STL racing dirthound and continue to ruin that board, this one was much improved since you were gone.
    Ump needs to go they are doing nothing but collecting money and watching it all happen.

really you don't have a clue car count going down yes guys moving up unlike USRA which means the mods is there top class in UMP which does have class to move to UMP ALLOWS THE CT525 IN LATES LUCAS MLRA EVEN WOO doesn't

d@mn ump check the results from boone it must umps fault

I dont think anyone can say everything about UMP is bad but to think they are a good sanctioning body I just don't see it but, hey I can't see very well at my age. I think tracks could do better without UMP in my opinion. If they are afraid of a SN date they should have their own big race with the same purse and you don't have to pay the sanction fee to have it. It's a win win for the track. it is time for UMP to to go that's for sure. If I ran a track today I would go independent and see what happens. With the way so many are pissed at UMP I bet it would work. Get the guys together to come up with a set of rules enforce the rules and I would bet you could get 20 to 25 cars every week.

farmer city comes to mind ooops

Yep and a totally different situation back then and a lot has changed since then. I will admit it's going to get tougher and tougher to go independent as the years go by because, the car count is dwindling so fast you might not have enough cars to go around to do it but, in my opinion if the pay was right and you had a decent point fund at the end of the year and the rules were cost saving rules with a good tire rule you just might be surprised of the car count.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-11-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I dont think anyone can say everything about UMP is bad but to think they are a good sanctioning body I just don't see it but, hey I can't see very well at my age. I think tracks could do better without UMP in my opinion. If they are afraid of a SN date they should have their own big race with the same purse and you don't have to pay the sanction fee to have it. It's a win win for the track. it is time for UMP to to go that's for sure. If I ran a track today I would go independent and see what happens. With the way so many are pissed at UMP I bet it would work. Get the guys together to come up with a set of rules enforce the rules and I would bet you could get 20 to 25 cars every week.
    ump is not entirely horrible, but in this situation they are not making the right call or really any call at all other that to stay with the current setup. This means nothing will improve people will only leave racing or switch classes which is not so good. Seen this many times some get out and dont come back and some switch classes. ump is hell bent to stay with the same overpriced tire and that alone is not good. With the current tire options and the over priced engine options to compete its a never ending circle of higher costs and lower car counts. This is why a new sanction with new ideas could and would help. usra is a good option better tire cheaper cost and still can use the same ump engines that most have now. imca is not an option as there would be too many engine concerns. To stay with ump is not a good idea, they are already screwing up the bmods by forcing everyone into crates and still pushing everyone in the class to use the same overpriced tires. if you dont believe it and you want more proof go talk to ANYONE that used to run a mod in the south where ump is no longer around and neither are the amods.

I started this thread out of concern for the Open Wheel Mod Division. There is a lot of good feedback here. Thanks to all who have spoken up. I see a lot of info about Tires and Sanctioning bodies. But let's face it, racing is expensive no matter what sanctioning body you are involved with. I really think that change is always slower than it should be to make things better. However, in the meantime, what do we do to keep this division going? Here is an idea that I feel strongly about and am beginning to see more of:

TRACK PROMOTERS MUST WORK TOGETHER! For instance, if you are a Track that is in close to Fairbury, why would you try to run a show on the weekend of the PRAIRIE DIRT CLASSIC? If you look at Farmer City's schedule you will see that they have chosen to take that weekend off and even have the PDC on their schedule as the reason. Also you will see that some tracks are working together to promote a joint point fund.

Another option: If I was a track promoter and I knew that one of my competitors was running a Mod Special on a certain weekend, I would schedule a Street Stock, or Pro Crate Special that same night and not have Mods that weekend. That way you are not competing for Mod car count and yet might be able to attract a good count for the special you are running.

Another option: Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt only runs every other weekend. However, they usually have some kind of special at each show. As far as I can tell they have been successful with this format for many years and normally get good car counts at there shows.

The bottom line is Promoters and Promotion. It can be done with a little more communication amongst Promoters, Drivers, and even Fans.
    Last edited by DirtDirtCrazy; 05-11-2015 at 02:54 PM.

modifeds yes late models no look at the results in lates you may see named that you thought drove mods isn't tthat what you want for racers to move up to the higher class and season is still early has kkk even had a race yet

Not quite sure what you're getting at here other then guys moving up. Yes there no reason guys can't move up unless the cost is so much they can't afford it.

Not all can or will move up, as stated on here before racers will either move up or down or get out unless changes are made to preserve the class. Ump is not willing to make the right kind of changes

that is where many of your mod drivers are gustin, stormy scott scottie weber cody conner mike spataloa gilpin kent robinson to name just a few
    Yes I understand that part and that's been going on since racing started. Guys move up but, you need guys from the lower classes to move to the mod class and yes there are a few but, not as many as is needed. I guess we will have to sit back and see where we stand in a couple of years if no one wants to make some changes. Like I said I'm not going to give all the blame to UMP but, they take some responsibility in this. They can't be happy to see what use to be 25 to 30 mods down to 15 to 18 mods and in some cases 10 to 12.