Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hoosier tires mounted opposite

I was wondering if anyone ever mounts the Hoosier tires opposite the recommended, mold mark to the outside of the track? I ask because I'll run a D or A40s and the edges will get rounded but the tread is good. My thought is I flip it around and run the fresh edge. I'm not sure if it makes any sense why they could only mount one way

we do it. can't tell any difference

It was my understanding that the tires only needed to be mounted that way for the first heat cycle. Then you could flip them around if need be.

I dont know anyone who doesnt flip there tires to run the best edges.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Mount them with the date code to the infield for the first heat cycle then after that flip as needed. The only tire you can not flip would be a sprint car RR since it has camber built into the tire.

I don't even look for the date code any time, I wouldn't sweat it.

Hoosier claims the sidewall opposite the date code has more plies, i.e. has a stiffer sidewall. I've never flipped tires but many have, with no claims of lack of traction. So....to each his own, I guess????

I don't think even Hoosier knows!

I cut them up for disposal and I have never noticed any difference in side walls.

I wondered if it wasn't a scheme to just have you replace the tire when the one edge is bad vs. flipping it. Seeing as how they are in the sales business. It's settled, I'm flipping

never flip rear tires. forward bite causes sidewall distortion which stretches the inner makings of the tire. if you flip it, the inner makings of the tire distort and stretch again, causing the tire to become too compliant. if you take care of the tires, you can easily remove the rounded edge of tread link. a tire that is working well wear the entire contact patch, not just the tread link edges.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous24 View Post
    never flip rear tires. forward bite causes sidewall distortion which stretches the inner makings of the tire. if you flip it, the inner makings of the tire distort and stretch again, causing the tire to become too compliant. if you take care of the tires, you can easily remove the rounded edge of tread link. a tire that is working well wear the entire contact patch, not just the tread link edges.
    Now that's a funny one there, maybe your best yet!

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Now that's a funny one there, maybe your best yet!
    The joke around here is you Jeff.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

What do you mean exactly, by "Too Compliant?"

I don't turn mine. The reason i don't is, when Hoosier Tire says: "Circle track racing tires: (includes both dirt and asphalt tires). Hoosier tires must be mounted with the SERIAL CODE located toward the infield." I don't think they are trying to sell more tires or just saying it for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure they know why they want them run that way. JMO

I've flipped them and won features the same night. No negative handling issues when doing so. If I had tons of money, I'd just buy new every 2-3 weeks. But that's definitely not an option.

Hoosier says this because their is camber built into the tire. Air them up and check it out for yourself.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

So if you run a right side tire on the left for whatever reason, you would have reverse camber?

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrackchamp4x View Post
    I don't turn mine. The reason i don't is, when Hoosier Tire says: "Circle track racing tires: (includes both dirt and asphalt tires). Hoosier tires must be mounted with the SERIAL CODE located toward the infield." I don't think they are trying to sell more tires or just saying it for the hell of it. I'm pretty sure they know why they want them run that way. JMO
    yeah cus nobody false advertises. or puts stupid stuff on the internet or their websites... look up in this thread, camber, cus they say so, to compliant...

pills that guarantee weight loss
    fluid dampner piece of junk
    burger king has the best food

Quote Originally Posted by pig tracker View Post
    So if you run a right side tire on the left for whatever reason, you would have reverse camber?
    lol too much to grasp I guess....

So stock car driver once again you are right, in your mind. It could be proven beyond any doubt, and you would still argue the point. Like i told you before, G O F U C K Yourself. JMO