Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 311 speedway pine hall nc

Has anybody heard any news about this track ????? If it's open now, going to be sold ,any racing in 2015 I live close to this track hate not seeing racing every sat night. All I can find is some BS on Facebook. Didn't know if anybody had the low down. The owner was going on some crazy raints on fb hopefully somebody takes over that knows what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhead60 View Post
    Has anybody heard any news about this track ????? If it's open now, going to be sold ,any racing in 2015 I live close to this track hate not seeing racing every sat night. All I can find is some BS on Facebook. Didn't know if anybody had the low down. The owner was going on some crazy raints on fb hopefully somebody takes over that knows what to do with it.

No racing yet or in near future. It is ashame that the joker that runs it is doing nothing w it. Nice track for the right person to get there hands on it and promote.

Looks like a junk yard in the parking lot at the track

Yep this is my local track as well. Says its for sale for 2.2 mil. What a joke. The best facility around and just siting. Also they are racing he says but not crates because we whin to much. Oh well we will keep going where they are racing.

Yeah I don't understand that place I've been there so many times when it was packed out and then the owner gets on fb and cries about not making money and wasting all his time. Wish he would sell it. It sucks seeing the track just sit

2.2 mil wow might as well go buy martinsville for that haha. Where are all the local crate guys racing now.

Years ago, there was the Richard Childress rumor floating around. With his money, I would buy it just to play with it when I took the notion. Good racing, good lighting, good food but dusty as all get-out!

Mike fulp is person in charge right now. People say he owns it but im not so sure. There are a few rumors that u hear or read that someone else is going to rent it or there going to have a few races here and there but nothing has happened. It does look like a equiptment auction when u drive by as theres pieces everywhere. The rcr rumor hasnt been brought up in a few yrs now.

Place is bad ass...............

Too bad the guy running it is just bad at it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

that would be a dream come true for a big money nascar guy to buy it I've heard some of those rumors also i guess only time will tell.

I know of 1 person that tried to buy it from him. And said name your price. He named a price and the guy said done deal. Mikes response was. I can't have that much money at 1 time. He is using it for tax purposes I believe. Oh well he is an idiot and that's never gonna change.. Just about all of us crate guys went up to friendship, had a few run up Antioch but they said they didn't like it over there. It sucks I live 5 miles from 311 and have to pull 1.5 hours every weekend now

Antioch re opened this year after being closed for a few years the promoter really tried to run a good show had some of the best track prep they have had in years it is a true big half mile track after a track is shut down for a while it is hard to get the people to come back hope he gets it running soon they used to have some real good races there.

That sounds about right from what I've heard and read of his comment and post on fb. i almost bought a crate car last year to get in to racing since i was so close to the track but got cold feet. i would be real pissed now if i was having to make that pull like you are kwoods . planning on going to friendship real soon I've been checking it out online

Friendships alright. Just once you have a great home track like 311 nothing else compares

311 is an awesome place. Went and saw my first Have-a-tampa race there. Several years in a row we would go and watch the truck race at Martinsville and head down 220 and catch the Carolina Clash Series. I have seen some great races up there. The guy that owns it now will NEVER get a dime of my money. I really wish someone would come and buy the place. Always had pretty solid car counts and always had a good spectator count as well. It really is such a shame!!
    Last edited by ksmitty79; 06-26-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Per 311 FB page somebody has leased the track to run July 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoods25 View Post
    Per 311 FB page somebody has leased the track to run July 10th.
    Good luck it prolly will be canceled week of race.

exactly!!!!!

At $2.2 million, sounds like he's trying to mop up. Bought the property for $850K.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    At $2.2 million, sounds like he's trying to mop up. Bought the property for $850K.

Just what i was thinking. Prolly got high price tag to try and snag rcr. I dnt thk rcr and him get along cuz the dillon boys use to race there after martinsville and they havent been there in 2 or 3 yrs now. Rcr sponcered a scoreboard and then mike shut down. That was a few yrs ago. Prolly rubbed richard the wrong way. Jmo
    Last edited by T-MAC39FAN; 06-30-2015 at 09:26 PM.