Default Thanks

Thank you for the help. Cant find delete button
    Last edited by Kevin20ump; 06-26-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Straight Outta Line

Not all of the spindles you're talking about are for the same car. The "old style" spindles and the S7 spindles were for the smack down car. The old style I think were 6 degrees. The S7 were 7 degree and required different right side control arm lengths. The S7 front end was far superior (in my opinion) to the old style smack down stuff.
    The Gen-X is a completely different car with a completely different front end geometry. I thought (but I could be wrong) that the standard Gen-X spindles were 9 degrees. There is also a set of "crate" Gen-X spindles with the difference being a lower snout on the left side and longer steering arm on the right side.
    I'm sure others can provide additional information but this is what I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Not all of the spindles you're talking about are for the same car. The "old style" spindles and the S7 spindles were for the smack down car. The old style I think were 6 degrees. The S7 were 7 degree and required different right side control arm lengths. The S7 front end was far superior (in my opinion) to the old style smack down stuff.
    The Gen-X is a completely different car with a completely different front end geometry. I thought (but I could be wrong) that the standard Gen-X spindles were 9 degrees. There is also a set of "crate" Gen-X spindles with the difference being a lower snout on the left side and longer steering arm on the right side.
    I'm sure others can provide additional information but this is what I know of.
    I was under the understanding that the current crate spindle and current open spindle are both different than the original gen x spindle.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I was under the understanding that the current crate spindle and current open spindle are both different than the original gen x spindle.
    Hmm...I'll have to check on that. If there are 2 different open spindles Keith hasn't tried to sell me one of them yet :-) I do have a set of the crate spindles but we haven't tried them yet. Trying to many other things at the moment.

LoL Matt49 - Keith will sell you something before you realize it! Good people though.