Default Golden Isles Speedway Set to Host ULTIMATE Series in $10,000 Red,White & Blue Weekend

Golden Isles Speedway Set to Host ULTIMATE Series in $10,000 Red, White & Blue Weekend

Waynesville, Georgia - For the first time in history Golden Isles Speedway will play host to the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series on Friday and Saturday, July 3rd and 4th for the Red, White & Blue Weekend. Drivers from all over the Southeast will converge on the beautiful 1/2 mile oval just a few miles off of I-95 on Georgia's Golden Coast. The 50-lap feature event will pay $10,000 to the winner. "Golden Isles has always been one of my favorite tracks. It has quite a bit of history and has hosted some major events over the years. So we are very excited to write a new chapter into that history. Darryl Courson and everyone at Golden Isles have been a class operation. They have really revamped and spruced up what was already a nice facility and turned it into a real gem. And they are working hard to bring the fans of the area some great weekly racing along with plenty of special events." said ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series Director Kelley Carlton.

Courson is equally excited about the facility he manages hosting it's first ULTIMATE Super Late Model event. "We talked back and forth with Kelley about this show over the winter and I think we have put together what will be a great weekend full of racing. We wanted to do something pretty special for our fans and racers during the weekend of 4th of July, so this event was really a good fit for that. We have continued to do a lot of work to the track since the Super Bowl of Racing back in January. We have just finished putting new clay on the track the last few days. We are really looking forward to having some exciting racing for our race fans." Courson said.

Toccoa, Georgia's Casey Roberts currently leads the ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series point standings and he is looking forward to returning to the track. "We haven't been able to get down there in quite a while. But the place is always really fast and I like that. You can really stretch one out and that's always fun." Roberts owns a pair of victories at Golden Isles but they date back to 2008. "We swept a weekend there several years ago. I know that they have changed the track quite a bit since then so we will have to just go down and see where we are. Our Longhorn Chassis has been really pretty competitive wherever we go so I feel like we should be able to be in the hunt at least." Roberts added.

Ocala, Florida driver Ivedent Lloyd also has this weekend circled on his calendar. The veteran driver and 2-time Southern All Stars champion has enjoyed much success at Golden Isles over his career. "We have had some pretty good success up there. I've won several of the spec engine series events there and we probably have won at least 5 or 6 times there in a Super (Late Model). I think that they should have a pretty good show. Those guys have did some things with the track and I believe that they have really helped the racing. The made the track a little smaller and slowed the cars down just enough that it made the racing better. Don't get me wrong, it is still crazy fast. But now you can race and make passes. I am excited about getting up there and trying to get us another win in a Super." Lloyd said.

In addition to Roberts and Lloyd, also expect to see defending ULTIMATE Super Late Model champion Dennis "Rambo" Franklin of Gaffney, South Carolina; current DirtonDirt.com Rookie of the Year leader Dustin Mitchell of Pine Level, North Carolina; Jeff Smith of Dallas, North Carolina; Casey Barrow of Savannah, Georgia; Anthony Sanders of Spartanburg, South Carolina; Chris Ferguson of Mount Holly, North Carolina; Cale Simons of Opelika, Alabama and many more stars from all over the Southeast region.

As an added treat for dirt racing fans Courson announced that dirt racing legend Larry Moore will be on hand at Golden Isles on Saturday signing autographs and promoting his recently released book "On Top of the World" which was co-written by racing personality Dave Argabright. Larry Moore is a 3-time World 100 winner, was the first driver to be a repeat winner and he was also a first-ballot inductee of the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame. Moore was also an accomplished pavement racer in ARCA, ASA and USAC. But he is best known as one of dirt racing's all-time greats. Moore will have copies of his book available for purchase at the track.

For more information about tickets and gate times please visit Golden Isles Speedway's home on the World Wide Web located at www.goldenislesspeedway.com or call the Speedway Office at (912) 778-3767.

The ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series would like to recognize and thank all of their partners for the 2015 season including Hoosier Race Tires, Sunoco Race Fuels, Arizona Sport Shirts, American Race Tires, DirtonDirt.com, PPM Racing Products, M&W Transport, Schaeffer's Racing Oil by Keith Freeman, Big A's Custom Graphics, RockAuto.com, AR Bodies, Hooker Harness, Five Star Race Bodies, R2C Filters, Hank Thomas Performance and Thomas Clarke Performance Web Design.

To learn more about the Ultimate Super Late Model Series please visit the series online at www.ultimatesupers.com or for specific questions call Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Please find ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series on Facebook. You can also follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ultimatesupers2015

What is the schedule for the Ultimate Late Models, will heats be run Friday or will they run a complete show on Saturday.

Qualifying and Heats are Friday. B-Mains and Feature on Saturday plus a great fireworks show.

Why a 2 day show for $10,000 to win?
    "20bigofan"

Quote Originally Posted by Chattanooga Flash #5 View Post
    Why a 2 day show for $10,000 to win?
    Honestly, so they can sell enough tickets/concessions to pay for it! Even though GIS is a very nice facility, it is stuck out in the middle of nowhere. They don't get a whole lot of local fans, most come from north Florida.

Good luck to our local boys!
    ~Gentlemen, start your engines~