Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by slydejob18 View Post
    Highside, I agree, Shannon has had a few bumps qualifying since the beginning of 2014, but his car rolls forward in nearly every feature he runs.

I also agree that he's just adding another tool to the box and that he will make it work. I also agree that had there been a few less rainouts, Babb and Feger would've made the Summernats very interesting.

During the original show-me week, he and bloomer tested at Wheatland. Babb in the Disco car and bloomer in a longhorn. I believe the initial intent was just to see what these cars were like. The Club wasn't built for Shannon originally, but he ended up getting an opportunity and they bought it. Looks like a good move after 2 solid runs over the weekend. Looking forward to chatting with him at Cedar Lake in a couple of weeks.

Go 18!!
    The bloomer testing a longhorn claim seems a bit far fetched........not sayng your wrong or just making it up, just saying it seems unlikely.

I can almost garauntee you that it wasn't a test that anyone from longhorn knew anything about.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Quote Originally Posted by Okfine View Post
    The bloomer testing a longhorn claim seems a bit far fetched........not sayng your wrong or just making it up, just saying it seems unlikely.

I can almost garauntee you that it wasn't a test that anyone from longhorn knew anything about.
    What would it matter if they knew? If he drove one of their cars, then you'd almost take that as an honor to me. Though there's only 1 you really wanna drive, that's the one the Rumleys' keep tuned. If he did what others have done with his cars and others, and it took it to his shop and dissected it, then yes, there would/should be a huge issue with whoevers car it was. This is all for naught if it didn't actually happen.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Babb, rocks in what ever car he is in. To bad he was light. At the World 100... The year he won it... Oh well

Cool

Couldn't agree more. Babb's definitely one of the nicest guys you'll find. He'll get another shot at The Globe one day. I wish him all the best!

As for your questions ChuppnBloomer and Okfine, the test wasn't a secret and I do not know what Longhorn it was. I'm sure someone does.

Go 18!!

Quote Originally Posted by slydejob18 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Babb's definitely one of the nicest guys you'll find. He'll get another shot at The Globe one day. I wish him all the best!

As for your questions ChuppnBloomer and Okfine, the test wasn't a secret and I do not know what Longhorn it was. I'm sure someone does.

Go 18!!
    I can assure you... Scott Bloomquist has never drove, much less tested... A longhorn chassis... And Shannon did not test the Club 29 at Wheatland prior to this weekend... You were given completely false info

Quote Originally Posted by blackfurd View Post
    Yeah, tell us what's really going on Ernie...
    When I was at the trailer during the first Show Me 100, he had 2 Rockets up top.... So how does he test a car that's not there?

Quote Originally Posted by blackfurd View Post
    Yeah, tell us what's really going on Ernie...
    Say what you want... But I'm pretty sure I have been pretty factual about the matter, even while a FB account that claims association with SBR, but is nothing but a fan site ran by someone that doesn't go to races, pretty much called me a liar... So take it for what it's worth...

100% correct new 18 a club29 car.

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    Say what you want... But I'm pretty sure I have been pretty factual about the matter, even while a FB account that claims association with SBR, but is nothing but a fan site ran by someone that doesn't go to races, pretty much called me a liar... So take it for what it's worth...
    Easy peezy there Ernieyou're starting to sound like HDF
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    What would it matter if they knew? If he drove one of their cars, then you'd almost take that as an honor to me. Though there's only 1 you really wanna drive, that's the one the Rumleys' keep tuned. If he did what others have done with his cars and others, and it took it to his shop and dissected it, then yes, there would/should be a huge issue with whoevers car it was. This is all for naught if it didn't actually happen.
    Your right, what was I even thinking?

Competitive chassis makers and their drivers let each other test stuff of each other's all the time......and everybody is cool with it.

Your right, what was I even thinking?

Competitive chassis makers and their drivers let each other test stuff of each other's all the time......and everybody is cool with it.
    So you gotta be a smarta$$ douchebag about it?

People jump in other peoples equipment all the time. Or take one back to their shop and dissect it. If you read what I said, the only Longorn you'd really wanna take a spin in is the 6, and that ain't happening. And it's not that you'd be cool with it, but if true, which is up for debate, you know you're doing something right if Bloomer wants a spin in one of your cars.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

EPJ and Owens drove each others car, a couple years ago, at a practice night. EPJ said Owens Bloomquist car was the best car he has ever driven, Owens called EPJ's Longhorn a POS!

Question What do I know?

There is more to the bit of information slydejob18 had but at this time I'll leave it for Tmacillini to present because know one else knows anything or is closer to the source than him.

Go 18!
    One of them Boyz from Illinoise

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    So you gotta be a smarta$$ douchebag about it?

People jump in other peoples equipment all the time. Or take one back to their shop and dissect it. If you read what I said, the only Longorn you'd really wanna take a spin in is the 6, and that ain't happening. And it's not that you'd be cool with it, but if true, which is up for debate, you know you're doing something right if Bloomer wants a spin in one of your cars.
    I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics of racers and teams that travel on a touring series and how they form friendships and compare notes etc.

And since you've already labeled me, I'll smart assedly disagree that the 6 is the only longhorn worth sitting in right now..........I think the 116,101,*1,22,2 etc. might have something to say about that.

Sorry about my douchyness, but bloomer has never strapped into a longhorn unless he has seruptitiously purchased one and has it sitting in Tennessee on jack stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Missile18 View Post
    There is more to the bit of information slydejob18 had but at this time I'll leave it for Tmacillini to present because know one else knows anything or is closer to the source than him.

Go 18!
    And that announcement will break a lot of hearts when it comes to fruition.

And that announcement will break a lot of hearts when it comes to fruition.
    What announcement? Babb is not going to make an announcement about "testing" and the only other announcement would be Bloomquist tested a longhorn... But in a previous message, you yourself said that was not possible...

Quote Originally Posted by TMaCiLLiNi39 View Post
    What announcement? Babb is not going to make an announcement about "testing" and the only other announcement would be Bloomquist tested a longhorn... But in a previous message, you yourself said that was not possible...
    The future announcement has nothing to do with either of the drivers you mentioned.........look no further than your screen name.

I'm pretty familiar with the dynamics of racers and teams that travel on a touring series and how they form friendships and compare notes etc.

And since you've already labeled me, I'll smart assedly disagree that the 6 is the only longhorn worth sitting in right now..........I think the 116,101,*1,22,2 etc. might have something to say about that.

Sorry about my douchyness, but bloomer has never strapped into a longhorn unless he has seruptitiously purchased one and has it sitting in Tennessee on jack stands.
    Wasn't too hard to label you, you worded it as you did. I to find it hard to believe he was in a Longhorn, but if we weren't there then neither of us can say for sure. Yes, I know them guys are tough. But the brains behind Longhorn is/was Kevin Rumley, so the car you want if you have a choice is the 6. He is a touch better than the rest, but then again Davenport and the Rumleys are just clicking right now.

And anyone would pick Davenport over the others in a bet, etc., at least I would.

I wasn't saying Longhorn would be esctatic if he got in one of their cars and looked it over with a fine tooth comb, or took it back to Tenn. But if he just got in one to see how it felt, if I was Labonte etc, I'd see it as a compliment.