Thread: Florence

Default Florence

With all the stupidity going on in the world i hope that florence speedway and dirt track racing stays true to it's roots. I have been thinking about this for the last couple weeks. At the north/south i hope as always those 2 horses are going around the track, one with the american flag and one with the confederate flag. Sure be a shame if this doesn't happen.

I don't see it affecting anything or anyone that goes on with this race. I highly doubt the flag deal offends anyone that is affiliated with dirt racing.

I'm quite tired of reading and seeing everyone talking about it honestly. It's old news and life has continued on since, it hasn't changed a thing. Other made a bunch of people mad.

[QUOTE=zyoung25;1940653]I don't see it affecting anything or anyone that goes on with this race. I highly doubt the flag deal offends anyone that is affiliated with dirt racing.I'm quite tired of reading and seeing everyone talking about it honestly. It's old news and life has continued on since, it hasn't changed a thing. Other made a bunch of people mad.[/QUOTEIt is not old news.

Yes it is. There was already one other thread about this same deal a month ago and it got moved. I'm sure nothing is going to change with the way things are done at the north/south.

I own my property from heaven to hell. Can fly Ole Glory along and above with whatever else I decide.
    I Love the Lord above, my family, my country an if anyone wants to change that then they have to answer to me.
    Hope everyone feels the same.

If the racing is good, i am happy. I didn't care that it was there and I won't care if it is gone. I go to watch racing.
    Go Buckeyes!!!

I can't imagine anything will change, I was there this past Saturday and several push trucks and compacts had the flag flying on them.
    T3G - Never Forget, Hardly Remember
    Eastbay (5)

I am offended by this thread, moderator please remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I don't see it affecting anything or anyone that goes on with this race. I highly doubt the flag deal offends anyone that is affiliated with dirt racing.

I'm quite tired of reading and seeing everyone talking about it honestly. It's old news and life has continued on since, it hasn't changed a thing. Other made a bunch of people mad.
    The only thing that offends me about the Confederate flag is the retarded media blitz about it. I do not care what what other people like or do if it doesn't directly affect me.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

there have been groups that have adopted the southern flag, these groups are using the southern flag illegal, the Flag is Christian battle flag bearing the stars of the southern states,this flag was not meant for racist as some group follows behind it, this Flag is being discriminated against by our own people threw so called hate crimes today,for which the Flag had nothing to with. the Confederate Flag did not kill or attempt to kill anybody and should stand tall and proud and waving to all the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Toledo, OH View Post
    If the racing is good, i am happy. I didn't care that it was there and I won't care if it is gone. I go to watch racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The only thing that offends me about the Confederate flag is the retarded media blitz about it. I do not care what what other people like or do if it doesn't directly affect me.
    Exactly how I feel guys. I have no problem with anyone who wants to fly it, just don't make bring attention to yourself because of it. I still get up and go to work just the same as I did before all of this hoopla started.

People need to ignore things that do not effect their lives. Period. Offended by a flag? Ignore it, it doesn't effect your life one bit. Offended by your town's nativity scene at Christmas? Ignore it, it doesn't effect your life one bit. We need to stop catering to these minorities.

The politically correct crowd can stuff it. That is not who the racing crowd is. Even Nascar has prayer before their events. Name another sport that does that. Florence has prayer as does many other race tracks. I have no feelings one way or another about the flag, but by all means it should be flying at the N/S as it always has. Last I heard this is still a free country and freedom of speech is part of it.

This is a free country and people these days just need to relax and put things in perspective.

Here's a link to the North/South 100 trophy that Florence Speedway posted today. Both flags are still on the trophy.

https://www.facebook.com/florencespe...notify_me_page

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    In all honesty you can find pictures of large KKK marches where they are carrying many US flags, not Confederate flags. It's just yet another way of trying to destroy our traditions. This whole assault on the Confederate flag is driven by a tiny minority of political activists. It's all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    In all honesty you can find pictures of large KKK marches where they are carrying many US flags, not Confederate flags. It's just yet another way of trying to destroy our traditions. This whole assault on the Confederate flag is driven by a tiny minority of political activists. It's all wrong.
    I know. I'm really tired of people going out of their way to be offended, in most cases about something that has nothing to do with them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Here is what this country is becoming. The mighty Dem O'Malley said to a lefty bunch that all lives matter. They booed him off the stage. He later apologized. And this clown thinks he should be President.