Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best Race You Seen In 2015 So Far?

What has been the best race you have seen in the 2015 racing season so far?

What track was it at?

Who was the drivers involved in the race?

What made this race the best you have seen in 2015?

If you have a video of the race, please share it.
    Last edited by Phillip Michael Knight; 08-03-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Last Saturday nights 30 lap main at Talladega Short Track. 10 "official" lead changes at the flag stand with another 12 "unofficial lead changes inside many laps between 3 drivers for a total of 22. The action between Tim Roszell, Jason Wilson, and eventual winner Terry Smith was the hands down finest race for Super Late Models in many years that I have witnessed and/or announced. Track was racy from top to bottom, to announce that race was awesome, crowd was on their feet and loved it, all for $10 bucks, great stuff!

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Cedar lake speedway friday night of the ump summer nationals . Sorry i have no clue how to post a video not sure if there is one but anyway Feger, Mars and Heckenst were dicing it up the whole race it was awesome. Jimmy Mars won

1-80 the silver dollar national and bloomer and davenport, Owens , Moyer. Owens coming on at end almost pasting bloomer.

Two I can think of right off the top of my head are an Ultimate Super Late Model Series race at North Georgia early in the year won by Donald McIntosh and the World of Outlaws race at Tazewell in which Billy Ogle passed Josh Richards on the last lap for the win.

Thumbs up

Fairbury - 2015 PDC
    Erb and Davenport put on a he!! of a show.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

PDC best race, 2nd best SN at lasalle with feger and Simpson battling, best individual performance was Rico's flip and win

1. WoO @ Cedar Lake last Thursday
    2. MLRA @ Donnellson, IA earlier this spring
    3. PDC @ Fairbury, IL

Wasn't there but watched on DOD and the heats and the feature for the Lucas Oil Freedom 50 at PRP were all awesome races!!!!

Thursday night at Ceda Lake

Lucas race at prp. All kinds of passing, and a great finish. By far the best race I've ever seen at prp.

As Jim Ross would say...."we got a barn burner folks"

Bshepp puttin it on em at the race track between the rivers

Its sad to say, but I haven't seen a good race yet this year. I have been to 6 races. 3 WOO and 3 unsanctioned in KY and WV. They were all too dusty to see the race. My eyes are still swelled up from last Saturdays race. I am not an advocate of hooked up hammer down race tracks, but they got to have something besides water on them when they are fine sandy dirt. You can race in the rain at some of these tracks, and they will still be dusty. The promoters ( gate openers, there aren't many real promoters anymore) are running our sport in the ground. Guys , open your eyes to what is happening. Racers are quitting in record numbers because they aren't having fun anymore. Fans don't want to be sandblasted, and are going somewhere that isn't hot, dirty, and miserable. They make stuff to help the track hold moisture, you need to use some of it. Shape your racetracks with a little different banking ( higher at the top, flatter at the bottom) so there is a chance for somebody to pass sometime during the night. Quit blaming everything on the economy, and open your eyes to how bad you have let your tracks get. If we were having fun racing on a decent track that you could pass on, we would figure out how to get enough funds to race with. We always have in the past, it just isn't worth it to go to a one groove dusty track that you cant see to race on, and cant leave before 1 or 2 AM, and get home at 4 or 5 in the morning. I am too old for this crap.

farmer city july 4 wkend. kevin weaver's last lap pass of wenger for his 300th win. weaver started up front, wenger in 4th I think. wenger's bonsai move to the front on the 1st or 2nd lap was awesome, but experience over youth was the story that night.

going w WoO @ Cedar Lake last Thursday

Wild West Shootout in Tucson in Jan.
    Lucas Oil/Mlra Silver Dollar Nationals.

Best time i've had in yrs.

UFO race at Tyler County was a dandy.

Woo race at Cedar Lake on Thurs.

PDC. Best race I've seen since 06 World 100.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    PDC. Best race I've seen since 06 World 100.
    That is saying a lot. The 2006 World was the best race I have ever seen IMO!!!