Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As a driver, I can tell you that it was the dustiest track I have ever raced on. I have raced for 37 years now. I have been to some terribly dusty places before, but Saturday night was ridiculous. It was dangerous. I pulled off on the 3rd lap. I could have replaced my face sheild with plywood, and seen about as much.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    As a driver, I can tell you that it was the dustiest track I have ever raced on. I have raced for 37 years now. I have been to some terribly dusty places before, but Saturday night was ridiculous. It was dangerous. I pulled off on the 3rd lap. I could have replaced my face sheild with plywood, and seen about as much.
    Most all guys have a wrap around air filter over the air cleaner but isn't it a issue for engines when you race in those conditions?
    8/13/16

Saw on facebook where 201 cancelled upcoming races until September 3rd due to equipment issues. Tractor worked fine Saturday evening/Sunday morning. Saw some pull behind discs and sheeps foot rollers in the infield. Water truck looked to be functioning great. The roller looked to be rolling along as it should. Packer vehicles were circling the track aplenty. Got a tractor to pull some discs to plow with, a water truck to squirt water, sheeps foot rollers, a roller and packer vechicles to pack with. What equipment is not working now since the last race?

"201 Speedway The ones complaining wouldn't have enough sense to run a lemonade stand much less a race track!!!"

I question their abilities to adequately promote and hold money's worth racing events at a dirt race track and they are about 3 years into it now. Why is it that we paying customers can see the obvious lemons there with that race holding operation and the track staff can not????

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Most all guys have a wrap around air filter over the air cleaner but isn't it a issue for engines when you race in those conditions?
    We try to keep all the dust and dirt out that we can. Sometimes you still get some. It is definitely hard on the rings, and cylinder bore. Sometimes you get a rock hole in your filter, or the breather loosens up, and lets dust in. It isn't good.

If you think that was dusty then its a good thing you weren't there last year for the lucas race. I was on top of hill in turn 2 and only time I could see the cars were when they were coming off of turn 4 to flag stand.

I've been going to 201 for many years and have seen some of the best racing there that I've ever seen anywhere.
    But I must say that ever sence the old guy Johnny passed that they don't have any body that's knows how to prep a track.
    I heard a while back that they were gonna only race once a month and I didn't believe it but now I think it was true.

( "201 Speedway The ones complaining wouldn't have enough sense to run a lemonade stand much less a race track!!!" )

Now that was not a very smart comment for a promoter to make !!!!!!!!! As bad as I hate to see it come their closing is in the very near future, IMO.
    It takes me 1 hour to get there,2 1/2 to prp,3 to atomic and that's were Ive been going sense 201 has not been running.
    I could tell all kinds of stories I've heard lately about this place but I'm not gonna start that.
    Just sad to see another good place close,as many tracks have done in the last few years.

This is not directed toward 201 Speedway but all tracks in general...... It has just become so expensive to take my family to the races over the last 4-5 years that we just cant afford it now. We would go to the races at least 3 weekends out of the month years ago and we enjoy nothing more but now its tough to find a race where we can all go and get in for less than $75-$100 plus gas and concessions. We have been to 3 races all season Just wish there was a way for it to be more family friendly.............. Racing in general is just sooooo expensive.

I went to the combs race and it wasn't a bit dusty then... They poured and poured the water on it. Then it sprinkled a little

I know what you're talking about willardboy. I've only missed one weekend this year cause every track rained out.
    I've been to
    PRP
    ATOMIC
    SOS
    WILLARD
    I don't know how much longer I can go though cause I'm not working now. The economy is hurting every thing around

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    If you think that was dusty then its a good thing you weren't there last year for the lucas race. I was on top of hill in turn 2 and only time I could see the cars were when they were coming off of turn 4 to flag stand.

I've been going to 201 for many years and have seen some of the best racing there that I've ever seen anywhere.
    But I must say that ever sence the old guy Johnny passed that they don't have any body that's knows how to prep a track.
    I heard a while back that they were gonna only race once a month and I didn't believe it but now I think it was true.

( "201 Speedway The ones complaining wouldn't have enough sense to run a lemonade stand much less a race track!!!" )

Now that was not a very smart comment for a promoter to make !!!!!!!!! As bad as I hate to see it come their closing is in the very near future, IMO.
    It takes me 1 hour to get there,2 1/2 to prp,3 to atomic and that's were Ive been going sense 201 has not been running.
    I could tell all kinds of stories I've heard lately about this place but I'm not gonna start that.
    Just sad to see another good place close,as many tracks have done in the last few years.
    I think that 201 could be the best track in Kentucky if ran right.