Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't think any of the top teams right front shocks could be bought for $1,000. Maybe double that.

Quote Originally Posted by partguy View Post
    I don't think any of the top teams right front shocks could be bought for $1,000. Maybe double that.
    I think retail price on a 4 way adjustable Integra is $1200
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

A set of JRI double adjustable shocks is $4,330. That includes the fifth coil and traction shock.

Heres my things why is everyone acting like the rest of the world now days and wanting the person who is out front or doing great penalized? Guy used his brain came up with a great design and its kicking everyone ass with it so why cry foul about it go work on your stuff and make it better. Mike @ Warrior Race Cars

Great post Mike! And we love our Warrior 1G. 2 in a row out west, going for 3 this Sat.

I don't see a problem with it either. If it's within the given rules or something that the rules don't specify... then it's legal and fine. That is part of what makes DLM racing spectacular is the freedom to do stuff like this versus what NASCAR does.

Shocks aren't nearly as expensive as the motors the super guys use. That cost alone is what keeps me running a crate versus a good super motor... shocks or suspension components are a drop in the bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheelinphotos View Post
    Heres my things why is everyone acting like the rest of the world now days and wanting the person who is out front or doing great penalized? Guy used his brain came up with a great design and its kicking everyone ass with it so why cry foul about it go work on your stuff and make it better. Mike @ Warrior Race Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    I don't see a problem with it either. If it's within the given rules or something that the rules don't specify... then it's legal and fine. That is part of what makes DLM racing spectacular is the freedom to do stuff like this versus what NASCAR does. Shocks aren't nearly as expensive as the motors the super guys use. That cost alone is what keeps me running a crate versus a good super motor... shocks or suspension components are a drop in the bucket.
    Like how these guys put it! Especially with 3wheelingphotos with the work on your own stuff you try to be an innovator! heck something bout boggs painting blocks of wood white to throw off the comp. That would be some goofy type stuff I would do if I had a race car! There are times I think of how to get a swing arm car to actually hook up know in the slick stuff and I don't even race a car!!! Use to help a couple of drivers that had them rayburn swing arm and every night we be in the garage id sit in a chair and look at the rear suspension and just have ideas popping off in my head! like instance replacing the rear upper bar with a shock of some sort...... ouh makes me think of these chain limiters as well! why can't somebody come up with like somekind of heavy duty LIKE bungie cord type limiter! something that would allow it to to limit the left rear but yet not just stop it! be like putting a chain on any of your feet and tell you to try to run.... have a good day 4m'rs
    Last edited by AnonymousNate; 08-14-2015 at 07:37 AM.

People don't realize that it's not just buying the shock... Shocks go bad all the time, need revalved, get bent, etc. that cost adds up over the year.... It wouldn't be a gigantic savings, but it's a start

RACE HARD RACE OFTEN

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    I think the difference is that bloomers shocks doubled the cost of the car. I have no clue what davenport has but if it doesn't raise the cost significantly they wont outlaw it
    Longhorn has NASCAR technology, knowledge, and tools at their disposal. So it's more expensive than Bloomer and whoever else had them shocks. Granted, you can outlaw trick shocks, if their isn't trick stuff per se on Davenports car, then you're screwed. Better get with the program, because you can't outlaw top notch stuff in a race shop.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Lol@ Longhorn has NASCAR technology...................there's the answer! Make DLM'S run truck arm rears!! Hahahaha

I remember a time when the track promoter instead of making rules they just said , " here's your money, don't come back! "

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Lol@ Longhorn has NASCAR technology...................there's the answer! Make DLM'S run truck arm rears!! Hahahaha
    I think the thought was data acq, pull down rigs, 7 post shakers, etc.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Define "shock" so I know what they are regulating.
    Next investment will probably be a trailer with large slide outs so the car and crew can work in a garage environment and keep cameras away and snoopers in their place not our place.

Quote Originally Posted by SmotheredCoveredChunked View Post
    Define "shock" so I know what they are regulating.
    Next investment will probably be a trailer with large slide outs so the car and crew can work in a garage environment and keep cameras away and snoopers in their place not our place.
    Any device that damps oscillating motion or produces a force proportional to velocity or acceleration.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    Who owns the chassis their smarta$$?

Come on, since your so smart, tell me.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC39FAN View Post
    What about clint boyer racing and mark martin involved w bloomer?
    There nascar involvement w them to. May b not like hands on w rumley but they got connections.
    It's Mark Martins dealership with Landers in Arkansas. Bowyer no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think the thought was data acq, pull down rigs, 7 post shakers, etc.
    Look at that, winner winner, chicken dinner. Yes MasterSbilt, exactly what I meant.

"Look over here, while i do something important over there" or am I the only one that sees it this way... I think if we all, myself included, worked on our driving abilities more than our "Davenport tricks", we would all prosper in the end. Note I said myself included lol, not trying to step on any toes here.
    Last edited by dukeyyyyy; 08-16-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC39FAN View Post
    What about clint boyer racing and mark martin involved w bloomer?
    There nascar involvement w them to. May b not like hands on w rumley but they got connections.
    Let's not forget McDowell's ties with the Childress/Dillon bunch.