Default Distributor Gear and Intermediate Shaft

The teeth on my distributor gear and intermediate shaft broke. Was using stock parts. Any cost effective alternatives other than the Esslinger gear and shaft. Found a bronze gear at Summit but can't find a shaft.
    Stay Dirty My Friends

Correction - meant auxiliary shaft rather than intermediate.
    Stay Dirty My Friends

And...........would a bronze gear with a stock auxiliary shaft suffice?
    Stay Dirty My Friends

Default Bronze gear

We've run the bronze gear with the stock shaft with no problems. Just keep a check on the wear on the gear. Most everyone, (except those with unlimited funds) is running them that way.. I'm like you, that shaft is a bit steep, but on the other hand, it would be cheap insurance!!

I've run both the Esslinger shaft and a stock shaft with a bronze gear and both worked good. One suggestion is when you go to run the engine let it run at low rpm till the oil warms up, no reving it up because the cold oil is heavy and puts a lot of drag on the pump which is run by the distributor adding to the wear factor on the gears. You may also want to go to a larger size pin on the distributor gear which can sometimes break for the same reason. You best drop the oil pan to wash out all the metal bits and inspect your oil pump because some of the trash will have gone into the pump and possibly into the bearings.