Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Ain't been on for a while: Did you mean LF on the first 2 "LR"s?
    What do ya think, bbc? Im with Matt on this one. The only thing I see is the spring stays more loaded, depending in the length of the cable, and wont catch on the spring cup. Is there something I'm missing?
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by 25drtrkr View Post
    What do ya think, bbc? Im with Matt on this one. The only thing I see is the spring stays more loaded, depending in the length of the cable, and wont catch on the spring cup. Is there something I'm missing?
    I ain't sure what he said so I was asking? He kept typing LR and think he meant LF. I just wasn't sure what he meant as one post sounded one way and another sounded another and I didn't follow him at all.

However increasing/decreasing LF travel, can have a large effect on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    I ain't sure what he said so I was asking? He kept typing LR and think he meant LF. I just wasn't sure what he meant as one post sounded one way and another sounded another and I didn't follow him at all.

However increasing/decreasing LF travel, can have a large effect on the car.
    Two things:
    1) I did mean LF on the first two LRs
    2) My comment about changing the "center of gravity" was better described/illustrated by MBRacer. Roll center changes a bunch when LF comes off the ground so changing when that happens CAN be important. But again, I think there are better ways to do this and I stand by my comments that a pull down rig cannot simulate lateral load transfer.

It's not off the ground most of the time ? I am no expert I am just wanting to hear opinions! !

What about the RR? I've heard guys tie down the RR, how much travel is good? Is it same rule, 1 inch before spring unloads? At ride height? Whats good for RR? I know this thread was started about the LF and I apologize for hijacking, but all this chaining/cabling has me thinking about its advantages, its Pro's & Con's. On the surface when I first heard about the Lf I thought it made no sense, but after reflecting on it, talking with Matt49 and considering everything effected I'm curious...

Default chain

Quote Originally Posted by Stede Bonnet View Post
    What about the RR? I've heard guys tie down the RR, how much travel is good? Is it same rule, 1 inch before spring unloads? At ride height? Whats good for RR? I know this thread was started about the LF and I apologize for hijacking, but all this chaining/cabling has me thinking about its advantages, its Pro's & Con's. On the surface when I first heard about the Lf I thought it made no sense, but after reflecting on it, talking with Matt49 and considering everything effected I'm curious...
    Chaining the RR has a large difference on a modified with a pull bar. probably would a lift arm on a late model as well considering it s on the right side bell of the rear end. limiting the RR down travel and how much it would plant the RR under throttle. lets you play with more aggressive upper bar angles without the RR lifting up on the bars.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Chaining the RR has a large difference on a modified with a pull bar. probably would a lift arm on a late model as well considering it s on the right side bell of the rear end. limiting the RR down travel and how much it would plant the RR under throttle. lets you play with more aggressive upper bar angles without the RR lifting up on the bars.
    Oh yeah that makes sense on the bar angles. Does being on the RR spring help initial sidebite at entry? Like does the car land in the corner steadier with RR chained? Whats a good rule of thumb for limiting RR?

depending n track conditions I start 1" tight off ride height. RR spring still has tension on it. rough tracks you need to loosen it up or take it off.
    the slicker the track gets the more I tighten to tight at ride height.

I also feel it keeps the RR spring tensioned, which certainly helps transition on entry. car does not fall till it hits spring (if spring is not tensioned at end of straightaway)
    keeps tension on spring for more consistent corner entry

JMO though the seat of the pants feel.
    I run a modified so with a pull bar this is a big deal.

Thumbs up

depending n track conditions I start 1" tight off ride height. RR spring still has tension on it. rough tracks you need to loosen it up or take it off.
    the slicker the track gets the more I tighten to tight at ride height.

I also feel it keeps the RR spring tensioned, which certainly helps transition on entry. car does not fall till it hits spring (if spring is not tensioned at end of straightaway)
    keeps tension on spring for more consistent corner entry

JMO though the seat of the pants feel.
    I run a modified so with a pull bar this is a big deal.
    Cool. No that's perfect I was gonna try it on a Rayburn swing arm w/pull-bar, so apples to apples. Thanks.

Stede
    check your PM's

Stede
    check your PM's
    Thanks! gotcha.